Chapter 21

When he apologised I could see that he was genuinely upset about where we stood.

Who knew that a man that I once saw as cruel and ruthless...would now be one of my favourite people on earth.

After we had our intense conversation, I went downstairs to get breakfast.

The boys had planned a fun day full of different games and activities and I was excited for what the next few days had ahead.

They'd all finished work for now until we got home, so it was nice to spend this time together as a group.

Most of the time Kayla and Tris would keep to themselves but I knew that Kayla wanted to be involved. She managed to convince Tris and they found themselves joining in on the fun.

Tris was actually a really cool girl. She was a lot more gentle and soft spoken than I'd originally anticipated...but she definitely spoke up when she needed to.

We spent most of our day playing water polo, volleyball, poker and even a little bit of pool. It was nice to relax and forget about the harsh mafia life for a while.

It felt normal.

I found it hard to believe that I was once frightened of these people, who had now become some of my best friends.

We ended the day out by the pool. There were seats and pizza ovens underneath a small roofed area. It was nicely decorated and just big enough for the group.

Most of them were drinking but I didn't want a repeat of last time.

Kayla was sat with her legs across Tris' lap, whilst Ivy sat on a stool and the boys sat in armchairs with Cyrus cross legged on the floor. I was sat on a small bench, opposite from Reed, which wasn't helpful as I was trying to avoid his intense stares.

"Okay, okay it's Ethan's turn. Truth or Dare?" Tris asked, sipping on her drink.

"Mm truth." he said.

I'd noticed that it took the boys a lot longer to get drunk than the girls. They could obviously handle their alcohol unlike Kayla, Ivy and I.

"Boring." Blade coughed, earning a hard punch in the arm from Ethan.

"Okay, who do you think is the worst fighter out of the boys sat at this table?" she asked mischievously.

The boys all went silence, glaring daggers at Ethan. They all took fighting extremely seriously.

"Blade. Definitely." he laughed as he suddenly ran away, being chased by an angry Blade around the pool.

Before we knew it, they'd thrown each other fully clothed into the pool and were tackling each other in the water viscously.

Ethan and Blade acted like brothers 99% of the time and it was usually hilarious.

The whole table burst out laughing at their stupidity as they finally brought their violence to a halt.

"Ivy's turn!" Blade shouted. "I dare you to jump in the pool naked, right now."