intro: i am not (episode 2)

A/N: Here's part 2, not proofread. Is everybody liking the story so far? :)

"So today we are in our practice rooms and it is currently a zoo in here," Hyunjin explains to the camera with a deadpan expression as he looks to an area behind the camera with mock annoyance.
As if to prove his point, you ran up behind him and jumped on his back in excitement at the sight of the camera.
"Annyeonghaseyoooooo everyone, we are currently practicing for our debut showcase which is right around the corner," you all cheer at the revelation, noticing that the boys are starting to crowd around when they realise the camera was on.

Minho took the camera from Hyunjin's hands, moving further away to make sure all of you were in the frame. Chan decided that this would be an opportune moment to run right up to the camera and smile evilly into the camera at the fact that he was covering you all from being seen. Minho was unfazed, immediately walking around him to continue recording the rest of you, to which you all laughed at an offended Chan.

You moved to warm up with Hyunjin, just helping each other with the basic stretches to make sure your body and all of your muscles were prepared for the next few hours of dancing. Once you finished warming up, Hyunjin gently grabbed your right arm and took your bandage off, wordlessly massaging your hand and wrist in hopes of making practice a little easier for you. Your heart fluttered at the action, you smiling up at him gratefully.

You practically always wear your bandage when you practice by suggestion from the boys, because they wanted you to keep it as safe as possible and hopefully prevent any further damage. It hurts if you put any kind of pressure on it, so that's why one of the boys always tends to help you with warming up or exercising. 

You began by practicing the choreography for YAYAYA.

At your individual interview:
"How long does it usually take for you to learn choreography," the staff members asked you in your interview.
"I would say that all of us members in the dance line tend to learn choreography quite quickly, but I'm probably the slowest," you say after pondering on your answer for a few moments, "I learn the basics easily, but one of the other oppas sometimes has to help me with the details because they can take me a while to learn. It was quite hard to catch up with them at first, but now that I've gotten the hang of things I think I'm getting much better and faster at learning dances these days."

"Did you take lessons in London?" they ask you next.
"I didn't really train or take lessons when I was younger, I just remember stumbling across a kpop video and I just fell in love with it. So I just learnt and practiced my vocals and dancing through watching videos and I eventually got better. When I heard about the global auditions my parents where actually the ones who encouraged me to try out. They knew how passionate I was about it so they supported me a lot and convinced me to audition, and I ended up getting accepted," you smile at the mention of your parents before continuing. "Rapping was something I just picked up from spending time with 3RACHA shortly after joining the company," you add.

"Do you exercise often?"
You were a bit confused about why they were asking such a question, but you just assumed they'd asked some of the other members the same questions in their interviews and so you quickly brushed it off.
"Ahhh because of my hand problem there aren't many exercises I can do because it hurts if I put too much weight or pressure on it, so I can't really do exercises like push ups or anything like that," you explain, but you get a bit embarrassed when you realise that you're probably rambling. The staff don't seem to mind though, instead finding it cute. "I used to just do a lot of stretches and massages for my hand, but recently Channie oppa has been helping me work out a bit, like we do runs and stretches together. It tends to help a lot with my dancing if I work out, and it's fun to do it with somebody else because we can motivate each other whenever the other gets tired."

Back at the practice rooms:
You practice the dance to Mirror for a while, before taking a break to eat and to watch the recordings of the choreography with the dance teacher so he can tell you if there are any issues with anything.

When the teacher finishes giving you advice on a few minor mistakes you were making, you walk away after bowing politely to him. You notice Chan standing a little further away with Hyunjin, his back facing to you, so you run and jump on his back. He's shocked at first, but manages to react fast enough to hold onto your legs so you don't fall off. Hyunjin laughs at his shocked expression.

You then move onto practicing District 9 before taking another rest after running through the choreography for the song for a while.

You're sitting at the sofa to catch your breath, when you notice the camera zooming in on you.
"Nooooooo I'm not wearing any makeup right now," you whine shyly, your hands self consciously moving to cover your face with your hair.

Your words gain the attention of your members, who are all sitting close to you - some on the sofa with you, others tiredly sprawled on the floor.
"Excuse me?!" Changbin says with an exaggerated gasp, his hand moving to his chest as if your words had truly offended him.
"Nooooo Byeollie you're so pretty," Jeongin and Jisung both move your hands away from your face and gush at your adorable expression, Jisung pinching your cheeks and Jeongin hugging you tightly.
"Aigoooo our beautiful maknae," Jisung gushes as he continues pinching your cheeks, causing you to blush from all the attention you were receiving. The camera captures the adorable interaction, the other boys laughing at your shy reaction.

You tend to not wear makeup in general, and you used to not be very bothered about it. But now that you're in an industry full of such beautiful people with amazing visuals, it had honestly begun to make you quite shy and self conscious. The boys try their best to make sure that you're aware of how beautiful you are, but you can't help but be doubtful at times.

You notice Felix and Hyunjin leaning over to lay on Jeongins lap to annoy him, so you join in to shift the attention away from you.

After a few minutes, you get back to practicing.

Back at your interview:
"I hope you look forward to our debut and show us lots of love and support throughout our lives as idols. We will work really hard, and we hope that we can show everyone great performances and make amazing songs for you. Stray Kids, hwaiting!" you say to the camera as your ending comment, a smile on your face.