ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

hii, before this begins, i'd like to apologize for any Japanese words or honorifics in the story, as well as grammar and spelling. i'd learned a while ago that using those Japanese words and honorifics makes Japanese people uncomfortable, especially since i'm not Japanese myself. i would appreciate it if those of you in the comments could respect that as well. 
~ zina

◇♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧◇

The couple looked at the young child. She had small tufts of [h/c] and was in a beautifully decorated basket. She was wrapped in a royal blue blanket with golden stitching. The couple looked down.

[Name]. They thought. Her name is [Name].

✵✧✶

Asta and Yuno are running up the hill together. Their best friend, [Name] is already there with Sister Lily. Suddenly, Yuno trips and is about to fall when suddenly a gust of wind pulls him back up. Asta looks up from Yuno to see who did it and there she was. The girl one of them would someday marry.

"[Name]!" He calls. She flinches. Asta runs up to hug her before she sidesteps and lets him fall. "Aw~ so you catch Yuno but not me?" Asta pouts. Yuno looks at [Name] with a small blush and tearful eyes.

"T-thank you, [Name]." Yuno stutters. [Name] looks at the two and smiles brightly. "It's no problem at all, Yuno. Now come on, Sister Lily has been waiting for us!" And with that, she runs up the hill, leaving the other two in her dust.

Once they finally make it up the hill, Sister Lily begins her tale. The tale of the first Wizard King. Asta and [Name] have stars in their eyes. 

Once the story is over, Asta stands and declares, "I'm going to be the Wizard King!" Sister Lily is taken aback. "Then, you guys won't have to worry about anything! I'll take care of you!"

"Well, I'm gonna be the Wizard Queen!" [Name] suddenly yells. The two children look at each other while Yuno looks up in awe. 

Sister Lily smiles. "I look forward to that day."

And that was the day the fated rivalry began.

✵✧✶

Years later...

"ONE DAY," a loud voice yells. [Name] flinches while doing the church laundry, "I'LL BECOME THE WIZARD KING AND MAKE YOU HAPPY! SO PLEASE [NAME], MARRY MEE!" Asta yells, holding a flower to her dumbfounded face. [Name] was silent for a moment before she uttered a single word. 

"No."

this is a fucked up story of her magic, her love, her life.

Words: 426
(RE)Published: September 14th, 2020
Edited: 15 mar 2022