Chapter 41

Sierra's POV

"So Luca, it's you huh?" Mum said making looking lunge up from his seat.

"Ma'am it wasn't intentional." He said.

"So you're saying you don't want this then?"

"Oh no no ma'am it's honestly not like that. Since it already happened I'm going to support her all through this  journey. I promise. I'll take care of both of them." He said looking at Alexis now and not at mum.

"Good" Mum said with a smile easing off her stern expression.

"Now we've addressed the elephant in the room can we go on to planning everything for the baby."

"Mum, the pregnancy is barely two months in and you're already making plans." I said.

"Of course, it's better to be safe than sorry you know. And Sierra you're next on the line." Mum said with a slight eyebrow raise at the end.

"Oh my God, Mum." I said feeling embarrassed, making everyone including Gabriel to laugh and then winking at me.

Urghhh why is everyone ganging up against me.

The night went on with teasing and mum being overly ecstatic about her grandchild coming soon. The whole conversation making me think really hard about the future, with Gabriel and I. About our own kids we could have one day; about taking our relationship to the next level. I quietly excused myself from the whole conversation going on in the living room and went outside as I needed to get some fresh air.

The thought of babies and marriages was making me breathless, was I really ready for all that responsibility? I was thinking so much I didn't notice when Alexis came and sat beside me.

We were both sitting out on our front porch looking up to the sky, admiring the moon and stars.

"Why did you dip?" Alexis finally spoke up.

"I don't know, you guys were talking about a lot of suffocating things in there and it just had me thinking."

"About what? You and Gabriel?" She looked at me and asked.

"Well yeah, I just couldn't help but think about the situation we were in now. I know he loves me and I also love him so much too but would I really be comfortable if he wanted to get married to me and his mum was against it?" I told her truthfully.

"Well you said it yourself, Gabriel loves you. There's no reason for you think about all this. Plus take it one step at a time okay? Don't feel pressured because I happened to get knocked up." She said trying to be funny and lighten the mood.

"I know, I know. Okay I'll stop being in my feelings and let life lead us. Take it one step at a time. And trust in Gabriel's love." I said with a smile.

"Thank you, big sis." I said to her.

"Whatever, the fact I'm older than you by a two minutes doesn't mean anything. You never ever listen to me anyway." Alexis said smiling back at me.

"Oh so now you deny it huh? You were all about you being the elder sister before but now you chicken out?" Tsk, tsk, tsk " that's too bad."

"Like I said before Sisi, whatever."

"Okay Lexy plexy." Laughing after I made her frown, and then taking off afterwards.

"Hey, you know I hate that nickname." She said chasing after me.

We were too much in a world of our own laughing and having fun teasing each other that we didn't notice the men in masks walking up to us, suddenly a handkerchief was placed over my face and I slowly lost consciousness, the only thing going through my mind the hope that my sister and her baby were not going to be hurt.