Chapter 35

ADA

I'm snuggled under the covers, re-watching the video that hit TMZ last night of Liam leaving LAX airport.

"Does that mean you and Ada Datchery have made things official then? Are the two of you exclusive?" a man shouts from the background.

Liam looks straight into his camera and winks, "If she'll have me."

Elodie and I have spent hours dissecting this video. My initial reaction when I saw it was complete and incandescent giddiness over Liam wanting the two of us to be together. But that was immediately followed by the crushing doubt that he was only saying it for the cameras, so he could lock down the part he auditioned for.

Elodie said I was being ridiculous and that it was obvious he meant what he said, but I'm not sure. When I'm with Liam, everything is amazing, and I'm so certain about his feelings for me. But the rest of the time, I'm mostly just hecka confused. Especially since our relationship seems to be helping his career, but mine—not so much.

My grand plan of pretending to date Liam and get ahead at work has backfired in the biggest way. I haven't gotten any shots in the past few days because I'm constantly being mobbed by paparazzi. And since I can't bring myself to try and uncover Liam's secret, then I'm leaving the door wide open for Chrissy to do it herself. I don't know what to do.

I'm about to push play on the video again when my cell rings. It's a call from a number I don't recognize.

"Hello?"

"Is this Ada?"

"Yes. Who's this?"

"This is Cassidy from Club Fit."

I sit up so quickly, my vision sparkles, and I feel lightheaded. Cassidy is the girl from Liam's gym who agreed to be my tipper. If he's there now, I might be able to get over there and get some shots before the rest of the paps have the chance to pounce on me.

"Cassidy! Hi."

"Hey. Listen, I'm not at the gym, but I know where Liam Anders is."

"Where?" I'm breathless as I scramble out of bed and grab a pair of jeans off the floor, trying to shimmy into them one-handed.

"I'm in Jersey visiting my mom, and I saw him walk into this crappy, old diner across the street."

Jersey? Weird.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

"Can you send me your location?" I ask. "I'm on my way."

I shove my hair into a messy ponytail on top of my head and run out the door.

◆◆◆

An hour later, I'm thanking my lucky Hollywood stars there aren't any other photogs hanging around as the Uber pulls up to the diner. It's one of those old-fashioned restaurants that are metallic and shaped like a train car. It has a distinctly faded look and certainly hasn't been well taken care of. Not the sort of place you'd expect to find an A-list celebrity.

Cassidy had to get back to work, but she dropped me a pin, so I'd be able to find it. Sure enough, Liam's shiny, black Range Rover is sitting in the almost-empty parking lot. I see Briggs in the passenger seat, talking to Liam's driver. Fortunately for me, he seems distracted for once.

I scooch down in my seat. Briggs knows I'm a photog. I'm sure he'd understand me showing up to take pictures of Liam, but I don't want him to think I'm some stalker girlfriend, following him around. And I definitely don't want Liam to think that. It's probably best to stay out of sight until more paps show up.