33. Monday Week Thirteen

"How are you feeling, Rei?"

My hand stopped moving across the pages of my sketchpad as I met Tori's eyes, "I'm okay."

She gave me a small smile, "are you sure?"

"You know we are always here to talk right?"

I nodded then the charcoal that I was clenching in my hand smeared across the page as I let myself get immersed into my drawings.

"Chica," Lana's hand came to rest atop of mine, "all you've done is draw and listen to music for two weeks now."

Careless, I shrugged. They knew what had happened with Eli and Noah that day. They just didn't know whether it was losing Eli or Noah which was hurting me so much — I guess I didn't know either.

Removing the one headphone from my ear, I tried to make the most sincere face I could, "I'm fine, really. I just don't want to talk about it," I looked over at Kinsey, "how are things going with Derek?"

Her face lit up, "he is honestly so cute. He's so funny and kind and he can be so sweet sometimes. Sometimes he's a bit thick but it's all good."

Kie snorted, "so basically he's like Kyle but without all the annoying bullshit."

Everyone laughed in agreement and even my smile felt real as I thought about our dumbass friends.

"How did dinner with Jasper's parents go, Lana?" Tori asked.

Lana frowned, "not as well as I wanted it to."

"What do you mean?" Kie questioned

A strand of black hair was tucked behind her ear before she continued, unsure of herself now, "uh, they don't really approve. They come from money and well, I-uh, I don't."

"Then they are conceited assholes who don't even deserve a minute of your precious time, gorgeous," Kinsey stated from across the table, she always was good at making people feel better as proven by the smile and nod of confidence from Lana.

"What are you girlies gossiping about?" Kyle wiggled his eyebrows as he took a seat next to me, "anything you would care to share."

Kins leant forward onto the cafeteria table, giving Kyle a heated look, "the only thing I want to share with you, Kyle, is your bed."

I kid you not, he didn't breathe.

But then Kinsey burst out laughing and his look of shock transformed into a scowl.

"You should've seen your face, man," Arik stated through chuckles as he took a seat by Kiara, "you looked like you were going to piss yourself."

Kyle's scowl deepened, "I was not going to piss myself. Will you all stop laughing?"

And surprisingly, some of them did as their eyes flickered to something behind me, I turned — Eli.

The smile that was on my face, melted away as he took a seat opposite me with Jasper who had come in with him.

Eli's cold stare met my dull eyes and a shiver ran down my spine at how harsh and unfeeling his look was; he had never looked at me like that before. No one spoke as we peered at each other. But then he broke eye contact and crossed his arms across his chest.

"Did you know that Nemo could change gender?"

"What the fuck, man?" Arik stated, everyone gave Kyle confused looks and Jasper just looked exasperated.

Kyle shrugged, "what? It's a fun fact. I thought it might break the tension."

Arik growled, "shut up, Kyle."