Chapter - 16: I will play with you

"All these years my Rapunzel loved me" Sanskar mumbled with thumping heart and a stream of tears dropped from his eyes. He felt content and his heart was at peace. He was shocked, thrilled and gasping with the realization.

He closed his eyes and took deep breath to gain his equilibrium. He wiped his tears with back of his palms and kept that Lego figurine back in her small memory box. He closed the lid and then caressed the cover for some moments to feel those memories.

Sanskar came out from her room in daze. He wanted to rush to her and wrap her in his embrace and confess his love for which she must have been waiting from so long. He came to outside of her room and started walking in the corridor and looked down at the family room. Swara was there and her mother was doing her arati.

Swara was sitting on the small stool with bright but shy smile on her face. After arati, Swara's Mami came to put red bangles chuda on her hands which was the symbol of married woman. Elder women asked Swara to put haldi Kumkum and then her Mami made her wear the bangles along with gold heavy kangans. Her milky white hands adorned with mehndi and chuda were looking like the most beautiful hands to Sanskar.

Swara's cheeks were becoming cherry red because of teasings from her friends, cousins and other female guests.

As instructed by elders of the family, Reva, Annapurna, Sujata, Anika and other relatives started applying haldi on her with mango leaves. Sanskar was adoring her from upstairs, his Rapunzel, his Swara, his bride.

"Jiju, what are you doing here?" Vainavi asked him from behind, breaking his trance.

"Come on Vainu is this a question to ask? Jiju is looking at Shoru Didi" Vishakha replied with blinking her eyes with pressed lips.

"Jiju not allowed" Vainavi said with wide eyes and shaking her head from right to left and continued in warning tone, "Dida said now you cannot see or meet Shoru Didi till tomorrow."

"She is right Bhai. Go take a bath and then we all need to leave." Uttara came from behind to join teasing session.

"Ya sure" Sanskar replied in daze but then he realized he needed to confess his love to her before their marriage, so he turned back and said with stubbornness, "no no no, I need to talk to Swara." He started walking towards stairs to go downstairs.

"Bhai now whatever you want to talk with Bhabhi you can talk after your wedding" Uttara warned, blocking his way.

"Uttu my little sister it will not take more that 10 minutes. I will get you whatever you want." Sanskar replied with pressed lips, trying to put his trump card to convince his sister.

"Bhai, you are talking about 10 minutes, you are going to spend your full life with her, why do you care for just 10 minutes?" Laksh came upstairs along with Neil to help Uttara to deal with his stubborn brother.

"Ohh come one Sanskar, Sujata aunty had strictly warned us to restrict you from meeting Swara." Neil replied with chuckle looking at Sanskar's dumbfound face.

"Hey, you did not bath yet. Do you want us to come and give you bath as well?" Rohan asked with grin and wiggling his eyebrows and for his mischievousness he earned loud laugh from others but death glare from Sanskar.

"Shut up. I am going" Sanskar left from there with grumpy face.

Soon Maheshwari family started bidding bye to Mehra family, but Sanskar's eyes were roaming all over the house, he was searching for his Rapunzel.

"No use of giving pain to your eyeballs. She is in restricted zone for today" Neil whispered in Sanskar's ears with chuckle.

"Neil, she loved me all these years." Sanskar mumbled in his best friends' ears with pressed lips and flushed face. They both were walking towards main gate.