Chapter 35

Danny thought it was pretty funny that the first time he visited Bruce's company, wasn't even as Danny Fenton. Instead, Danny Phantom was here to protect some nanobots. Strange.

The bioship landed on the roof of the building, per Miss Martian's request. "Alright team, let's talk strategy." For this mission, Robin had been put in charge. He said it was because he was training to become leader after Aqualad, but Danny knew better. Dick would have had the best knowledge of how to protect Bruce's company.

"Danny and I will be positioned in the lab that the nanobots are being held." He continued, "Miss M and KF will be on lookout in the front of the building. Artemis and Zatanna, you will be on the roof. If you see something coming, you can both use ranged attacks. Lastly, Superboy and Kaldur will be in the hallway outside the lab. Everyone cool with that?" they all nodded. "Okay everyone, stay whelmed." They all ran off to their different positions.

Dick and Danny sat at one of the desks in the lab. Danny noticed that Dick seemed pretty stressed. He was probably worried he would let Bruce down if this mission failed. Danny needed to come up with a way to keep his mind off of things.

"So, what are these nanobot things exactly?" Danny asked.

Dick looked over at him, "They were originally invented to steal data from computers. The last time we saw them, they were going to be used to steal information from Wayne Industries. Luckily, we were able to stop them. Bruce is- er uh, Mr. Wayne, is a long-time supporter of the Justice League. He agreed to have his scientists examine the nanobots. Normally, this kind of thing would be sent to Star Labs, but since Wayne Industries is a tech company, the League thought it would be best to send them here."

Danny nodded, "That makes sense. So, what do these three items have in common?"

Dick shook his head, "I've been thinking about that myself. Venom, Genomorphs, and nanobots. All three of them are items that in the wrong hands, could be very deadly. However, it doesn't seem like they are really connected at all. They all serve different purposes. I wonder if there's something else we're missing..."

"I see something!" Miss Martian alerted them through the mental link.

"I've got him!" Artemis said quickly. One-shot from her bow and the mission was over. They had captured the Riddler. That was easy.

~time skip~

Batman slammed his fists onto the table. "I'll give you one more chance Nigma, who hired you?!"

He grinned, "What's so fragile, even saying its name will break it?"

"Silence." Bruce gritted out.

"Exactly!" he smiled. "And that is precisely what I have been sworn to. I'll never tell."

"Why I oughta..." Bruce was about to punch him in the face, but Clark grabbed his arm. They had taken him back to the Hall of Justice for questioning.

"Calm down Batman, don't forget about our contingency plan," Clark reassured him.

Bruce shook Clark's arm off of him, but he seemed to have calmed down. "Come on in."

The Riddler watched as the door slid open. Wonder Woman walked in holding her magic lasso. "Let's see what you really know..." she wrapped the lasso around him. "What were you trying to steal?"

"N-nanobots!" he said against his will.

"Were you hired to steal them?" she asked.

"Y-yes..." he was panting.

"Who hired you?" She questioned.

"N-no... I... I can't I..." she tightened the lasso. "Dalv! The Dalv Company hired me!"

Wonder Woman looked at the other two heroes, "What's Dalv?" 

(A/N - Hey guys thanks for reading! :) I finally got my grammar program working again, so I hope that's a little better, so about the last few weeks. Stay whelmed and go ghost!)