※16※

The next day Ayyan called the police, Ravi. He was a friend of his.

"Are you in the station?" Ayyan asked.

It was a beautiful sunny day. And a weekend. Ayyan wondered what Ravi's wife would make of that.

"Yeah."
A sign.
"Going through some of the case papers."

Ayyan told him what he doubted.

"Right."
Ravi breath out.
"What do you reckon?"

"I don't know. It could be something, could also be nothing. Will you be there for a bit longer?"
Ayyan asked.

"I'm sorry to say I'll be here for a lot longer."

"I'll head in then."
Hanging up and taking his car keys Ayyan was about to go out of his room when Rayyan stopped him.
"Are you going somewhere?"

"Yeah. For some work."

"Work? On the weekend?" Doubt in Rayyan's voice.

"You know just stuff."

"Ayyan, do you have something to say to me?"

"To you? About what?" Ayyan asked, being confused.

"About the investigation. Anything that I should know?"

Ayyan looked at his brother. It seems like he knew something but without discussing it with Ravi he would not say anything to Rayyan. Because of his bad temper, Rayyan can do anything and Ayyan won't take the risk of it.

"No, nothing is there to say. Just old things."

Rayyan knew that Ayyan was hiding things. So he gave him a chance to speak the truth but Ayyan won't say anything which was enough to make him angry. Before Rayyan could say anything, Ayyan beat him in saying,
"Bhai, I need to go. We'll talk after I come back. Allah Hafiz." And then head out.

☆☆☆☆☆

Ayyan replayed the footage infront of Ravi and pinpointed the things he saw.

"I'm not meaning to be rude but how can a police officer miss this thing?"
Ayyan voiced out his thoughts.

"Mate, are you suspecting me? You know I will never betray you."

"I'm not suspecting you. I'm just simply saying."
Though Ayyan was trying to hide but there was still doubt in his voice.

"This video. This is the first time I'm seeing it."

"What? Are you not supposed to see this beforehand?"

"This case was sent to the court directly after collecting all the evidence in a short span of time. Because of work pressure I told my juniors to watch this. Now that I think of it, I was the only one who didn't see the footage. I knew something was fishy but this is a whole new thing."
Ravi elaborated.

"You mean to say someone is concealing evidence?"

"It seems like that. At least to me."

"Then what should we do?"

"You don't need to do anything. Honestly I didn't pay much attention to the case as it was mainly handled by my senior. But now seeing that a traitor might be with us I need to study the whole case from the start. I'm sure I'll find something at least a loophole. I'll call you after studying it. So wait for my call."

"Ok. I'm counting on you then."
Ayyan said. And then left the station.

☆☆☆☆☆

When the guard said about someone wanting to meet him, Fawad thought it would either be his father or the new lawyer. But sitting Reeha infront of him he really was astonished. Getting hyper he started to question her,
"What are you doing here? Did papa know that you are here?"

"Relax, bhaiya. Yes, Papa knows and he is the one who brought me here."

"What? Why are you here? In a place like this?"

"Bhaiya, I wanted to deliver a news to you. Precisely a good news."

"Good news?"

"Hmm. We have found evidence to prove that someone attacked you that night."

"Really?"
Doubt evident in his voice.

Sensing his thoughts Reeha replied,
"Yes. Don't worry this time no one will be able to stop us from bailing you out."

"Are you really saying the truth or just want to make me feel good?"

"No. I'm saying the truth. Just wait for one more week and then you will be with us. And yes I don't think Papa will bring me here again so I guess this is the last time we are meeting before your hearing."

"Don't come here again. And you didn't have to come here today."

"I know. I just wanted to say this to you."

"Meeting time is almost over. Take care."

"You need to take care. Mumma was saying how thin you became and she was not wrong. See you in the court. Till then be fit and fine."

And then their time was up.

☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks for reading. I know the chapter was a bit boring but I'll try to make the next chapter interesting.