08

Waking up was the worst part of any morning, in Kayden's opinion. Even worse than that was waking up disoriented and not knowing fully where you were.

Kayden's head was throbbing when he woke up and he felt like he needed more rest, but there was a sense of dread and fear pooling in his gut. He shook it off and curled closer to the warm body...

"What the hell?!" Kayden yelled, snapping awake and rolling away from the body that was holding him.

His mouth dropped open when he saw Simon sleeping beside him and his memories from the night before came rushing back. Shuddering, Kayden touched his neck, feeling where Roman had breathed on his tender flesh, waiting to dig his teeth into it.

Every part of Kayden longed for it to be a dream, but he knew it wasn't. He saw his boss as an angel... holding him and flying away before he blacked out. He saw a vampire; Roman's eyes were glowing red as he pledged that he'd have power over Kayden.

"Hey..." Simon trailed off, his hands in front of him as if Kayden was a rabid dog he was trying to tame. "How'd you sleep?"

Kayden shook his head and backed away go the edge of the bed, only to fall off the side, tearing the sheets off the bed as he tried to catch himself. He yelped as his back hit the ground, hard, and stood up, ignoring the shooting pains in his body.

"Try to take a deep breath," Simon said, moving toward Kayden, but the human wouldn't have it.

He backed into the door, fumbling with the knob before ripping it open and running down a long corridor. In his panic and constant glancing behind himself, Kayden didn't see another person walking down the hall and smashed into a pink-haired man carrying a tray of food. The man had wings jutting from his back and was only wearing shorts, long claws grabbing the ground and scratching the floor as he tried to regain his balance when they collided.

The contents of the tray spilled all over Kayden's front, making him cry out in pain as hot coffee hit his skin and bled through his shirt.

"Oh, shit," the pink haired man whispered, kneeling down a trying to grab for Kayden.

He managed to grip the bottom of the shirt Kayden was wearing, but his hand was kicked away seconds later, making his claws rip through the shirt.

"Don't touch me!" Kayden shrieked, pushing himself back against the wall. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to! Don't hurt me, I swear I didn't mean to!"

The man's eyes were wide, then he looked at his sharp talons and hummed. He retracted the claws and folded his wings behind his back.

"Relax, darling," the man said, kneeling beside Kayden and placing his hand on the wall next to his face. "My name is Lexi, and I'm one of the sins here."

Kayden looked up at him, wiping his eyes. "Sins?" he asked, his face scrunched up in confusion.

Lexi's skin faded back to a normal peach tone as opposed to the pink rose color it had been previous, his wings shrinking and being sucked back into his body.

"Yes, has Simon not told you?" he asked, sitting criss cross beside Kayden.

Kayden shook his head. "All I know is some guy named Roman who is apparently a vampire tried to bite me before throwing me off a roof and my boss who I've known for all of two days caught me but had wings and now I'm here... and I don't even know where here is, so I'm in some place with my crazy boss who is actually an angel or some kind of thing with wings-"

"Demon," Lexi interrupted, making Kayden raise an eyebrow in confusion. "We're not angels. We're demons. The ones of us that live in this mansion are the Seven Deadly Sins, to be more exact."