seventeen

after dinner at about eight pm the thirteen teens decided to return to their cottage as the sun was starting to set, painting their surroundings in a glow of several shades of pink and orange. they had two more hours of spare time to spend before they would be present at the campfire their teachers organized.

kim mingyu had taken his position as a popular jock to inform if there were more students attending the campfire. he was surprised to hear that they were the only ones who were actually planning on going as most students found it seemingly too much effort to show up. which was just plain rude in mingyu's opinion.

although he wasn't one to speak about manners. knowing his reputation was worse than most regular students.

now, everyone settled themselves on their beds, ready to spend their time with each other in their bedroom. "let's play a game of truth or dare!" jeonghan suggested, peering up from seungcheol's shoulder and sitting straight on his bunkbed.

"that game is lame!" minghao whined, gently slapping away junhui's arm when his boyfriend clearly disagreed with his opinion. "babe come on, it's just a game." junhui tried to convince him in which his boyfriend only huffed, childishly crossing his arms over his chest.

"whatever."

"any objections?" jeonghan repeated himself, trying to get everyone to join his choice of game. a few rather excited hums were heard, being enough confirmation for jeonghan to continue. "cool! soonyoung you can start, truth or dare!"

soonyoung's eyes widened a little as he wasn't expecting his name to be called out as the first one, but he adjusted easily and smiled confidently. "truth." he replied, never breaking loose from jeonghan's piercing gaze.

a sly smirk appeared on jeonghan's face as he thought of the perfect question he wanted to ask. "what's your sexuality?"

soonyoung clearly wasn't expecting that and he gulped upon hearing those words rolling off jeonghan's tongue that easily. his sexuality wasn't a secret yet it was still something barely anyone beside his best friends knew. and probably jihoon at this point, who sat next to him while nervously fidgeting his fingers.

jihoon looked up, his eyes sparkling with anticipation, making soonyoung more determined to give his answer.

"at first i thought i was bi sexual, but girls never tend to get my interest. so in that case i guess i'm gay." and to his surprise, the room suddenly filled with warm cheers, making a feeling of pride rise up in his chest on all the support he was given.

"don't worry soonyoung, i honestly think nearly everyone in this room is far from straight." seungkwan, who sat on the bed next to him, said with his head resting shamelessly on hansol's shoulder.

"anyways! soonyoung it's your turn!" jeonghan continued, making the level of excitement among the teens higher as they were all suddenly engulfed in the game.

"jisoo! truth or dare!" soonyoung passed his turn, making jisoo say his choice out loud without hesitation. "truth!"

"are you and seokmin in a relationship? or is it just my illusion?" soonyoung said, winking at seokmin who was awfully blushing next to jisoo.

"i would say we were in a relationship." jisoo answered, smirking mysteriously, "but for now it's just an illusion."

ooh's echoed the room when jisoo proudly let his body lean back against the wall, placing a hand on top of seokmin's knee, who was seemingly a lot less confident compared to jisoo. however, he couldn't complain as he felt the exact same way jisoo's words had just explained.

"lets move on! mingyu! truth or dare." jisoo said, ignoring the further questions he got asked about him and seokmin, smoothly passing his turn onto someone else.

"dare!" mingyu said, proudly puffing his chest a little to show that he was more than ready. until his eyes landed on the mischievous expression jisoo was wearing, making the confidence he felt earlier drain from his body.

"i dare you to.." jisoo took a small pause to tense everyone in the occupied room up a little, "...kiss someone in this room on his cheek."

mingyu's eyes widened upon the odd request, in which the group burst out in laughter. everyone but him and wonwoo, who sat next to him with a small space in between them on top of the bunkbed.

"do i.. have to?" mingyu asked anxiously, preferring anything else than this.

"don't be lame! just complete the task you've been given." jeonghan interrupted since he was the one who started this whole thing, feeling responsible to make sure everyone did what was told.

"well then.." mingyu swallowed, looking from face to face even when there was only one specific presence in the room he wanted to kiss.. "are there any preferences? anyone specific?"

"for gods sake mingyu!" now it was minghao who aggressively interrupted him, "everyone in this room knows who jisoo is pointing out with a certain someone. don't act stupid and kiss the boy already."

he gulped and looked beside him, seeing wonwoo was doing everything to avoid his gaze, staring in front of him intensively with a cute blush painted on his cheeks. "hey wonwoo. i think they're talking about you." mingyu whispered, inaudible for the other eleven boys to hear to make sure he got wonwoo's approval.

"i know." wonwoo simply answered, still not daring to return mingyu's gaze.

"are you.. i mean.. can i? if you don't want to it's fine with me as well, i'll just pick someo-" "-mingyu just kiss me already."

wonwoo looked up, staring back directly into mingyu's eyes and making the taller gulp by their sudden intense eye contact. mingyu had to restrain himself from not kissing him on his lips as everyone was still staring at them and he didn't want wonwoo to feel even more embarrassed. however, he considered to keep that for later. after the campfire perhaps.

and without further hesitation, mingyu moved forwards in a quick motion and pressed his lips on the soft skin of wonwoo's cheek momentarily, making his heart beat rapidly against his ribcage.

when he leaned back he noticed wonwoo hadn't stopped staring at him, making his cheeks even darker in the process.

until their little moment got interrupted by a loud knock on the door, that made their entire room fall in a terrifying silence.

"strange.. no one is supposed to be here at this time.. right?" seungkwan nervously giggled, trying to cover the shake in his voice.

a second knock was heard, a little louder and rather aggressive than the former, making the thirteen teens look around at each other in fear.

suspicious?