thirty four

still don't know my name - labrinth 

since it's a pretty long chapter i put a timestamp on where to start playing the song for the full experience. 

sirens pierced through the painfully silent night, the echoing sound coming closer and closer, bringing hope to those who were still alive. the howling sound was quick to be followed by a loud voice speaking through a megaphone. 

"we friendly request you to come out of the forest by yourself, right now. we give you ten exact seconds before military will enter the forest to drag you out. we're not scared to use violence." 

the level of fear among students who were still hiding inside the woods rose up, scared the male voice was speaking to them. until another call was heard. 

"for those of you who are hiding from the shooter, stay where you are. only come out on my command, the countdown will start from now. ten. nine. eight."

no more gunshots were heard through the countdown, nothing else but silence and the obnoxiously loud voice of the man speaking through the megaphone being heard. wonwoo, meanwhile, felt as if his entire body went numb. his legs hurt from shaking so horribly and he couldn't do anything else than to hold onto mingyu's now mildly cold body. 

mingyu's body had slowly lost warmth over the past minutes they had sat there and wonwoo couldn't even tell if his heart was still beating or not. and even if it still was, it was too weak for wonwoo to feel an actual pulse. he wondered how much longer it would take before he could drag mingyu to the open spot with all the strength he had left. 

"..three. two. one. we're coming in ri-" wonwoo's head instantly peered up when the male voice abruptly cut off, regaining a little strength in his legs. since he was near the edge he decided to crawl out of his hiding spot for a second, checking to see what exactly was going on. 

breath hitched in his throat on the horrifying view he saw. it was him. the unfamiliar man, average looking, his hair gelled back, hardly any older than his own dad, walked in full calmth towards the heavily armed police force that held him under shot. 

"drop your weapons!" another male voice without a megaphone was heard, flicking his handgun in a motion for the assassinator to drop his gun. and to wonwoo's surprise, he just did. he wore an empty expression while he dropped both his handgun and the weapon that had a large barrel. 

and just like that, he surrendered. 

it didn't take long before he got cuffed and discharged to the police wagon. he even willingly sat down and buckled up, another view that seemed extremely sickening to the already freaked out wonwoo. the car drove off with full speed before the male voice echoed through the forest again. 

"we caught the culprit, i'm asking for all of you to come out of the forest right now. i promise you that you're safe here. more medical help is on their way." 

even before the man was able to finish his sentence, wonwoo sped back to mingyu, gently shaking the shoulders of his unconcious body. "mingyu! mingyu!" he panted, a stray tear of hope mixing in with the waterfall of those in grieve. "help is here! i'm going to save you!" 

however, mingyu didn't reply nor moved a single muscle in his body. not even his eyelashes twitched the slightest. wonwoo ignored how more tears filled his eyes and made his vision blurry, using all his strength as he lifted up mingyu's body. he draped the boys arm around his shoulder and ran towards the open spot, using the sudden rush of adrenaline that kicked in. raspy screams of help left his throat as he carried the heavy weight on his shoulders.