twenty two

i'm not sure if i should warn you, but there's a conversation ahead which contains slight mentions of sexual feelings towards one another.

it was nearing midnight when the thirteen teens decided to call it a night, as their teachers already left at around eleven. all thirteen of them, except of jisoo and seokmin, who wanted to enjoy the warmth of the slowly dying campfire for a tad bit longer.

jisoo had his head on seokmin's shoulder while seokmin awkwardly held jisoo closer to him by his waist. both boys examined the flames that were getting smaller on a slow pace, chewing on the last remaining marshmallows as they held onto their third cup of hot cocoa.

"i like this.." jisoo admitted, his usually smooth voice sounding a bit raspy at this time of day.

"us?" seokmin questioned, doubting whether jisoo was talking about the place or his company.

"you." jisoo decided to go for a flirtatious comment, which still managed to flatter seokmin who couldn't get used to it. "shall we continue truth or dare? i actually quite enjoyed the game earlier."

seokmin nodded, "but it's only the two of us? isn't it more fun when there's more company?"

"i like it more when it's just you and me. this way i can ask you a lot more and get to know you better!" jisoo's head peered up from his shoulder and seokmin was quick to pull his hand back, not wanting to make jisoo feel uncomfortable.

they both turned to each other so they would be face to face, making it easier to ask questions. "truth or dare!" jisoo started, giving seokmin the opportunity to start off.

"truth!" seokmin happily answered, showing his usual broad smile where he squinted his eyes a little. his smile alone was enough to automatically bring a smile onto jisoo's face as well.

"have you ever kissed someone?" jisoo was straightforward to ask, making seokmin's smile disappear at once in embarrassment about the answer he was about to give.

"not really.. i once got a smooch from a girl, but at that time i was already certain that i wasn't into girls. so i don't think it counts as an official first kiss." seokmin explained, making jisoo nod understanding. he didn't judge seokmin based on his inexperience with love, nor about the fact that he hadn't had his first kiss yet. "your turn!" he was quick to change the subject, getting a quick 'truth' from jisoo.

"have you ever kissed someone?"

"you're just copying my questions!"

"don't be lame! answer me!"

jisoo sighed, shaking his head to seokmin's surprise. "nope. never. i haven't exactly found the right person to share it with." seokmin lowered his head a little on that answer. he hadn't found the right person yet, did that mean he wasn't right to him as well?

were all those feelings he had felt for the past few days just one sided?

"hey, what's wrong?" jisoo asked as he instantly noticed there was something off. in an attempt to reassure seokmin he lay his hand on his thigh, giving gentle squeezes to soothe him.

"nothing! don't worry!" seokmin exclaimed, looking back up with his usually heartwarming smile, which didn't quite convince jisoo. but he decided to let it be for now, continuing the game, "anyways, i pick dare!"

jisoo clearly wasn't expecting seokmin to say 'dare', although he knew exactly what he wanted seokmin to do. that certain something had been on his mind since day one and now he finally had to opportunity to do it successfully.

"kiss me." jisoo said in a gentle whisper, barely audible for seokmin to hear.

both their cheeks lit up, making their faces turn burning red after jisoo's request. and even with seokmin lacking a lot of confidence and jisoo taking the lead in nearly everything, it was seokmin who leaned forward and didn't wait for the other to close the distance, hungrily smashing their lips together.