twenty four

ur so beautiful - grace vanderwaal

both mingyu and wonwoo managed to sneak back into the room again without making any sound, double checking the beds to be sure that they hadn't awoken anyone at this ungodly hour. 

"sleep well mingyu." wonwoo whispered in the lowest volume he was capable of before turning to their bunkbed and climbing onto the tiny ladder that was placed at the footboard. he was too tired to notice mingyu hadn't said anything in return and stood frozen in his current position, which was still beside the bed, hesitating to get it. 

meanwhile, wonwoo had already rolled himself in the blanket like a cinnamon roll, a little habit he built up ever since he was a kid since he got cold easily and especially at night. when he finally found the perfect position he let out a relieved sigh, closing his eyes and sinking his head all the way in his pillow. 

however, he still sensed something was off. his feeling was proved when he heard the bed frame lightly creaking and he saw mingyu's silhouette  suddenly climbing on top of his bed. wonwoo flinched and moved all the way backwards until he felt his back touching the wall behind him. 

"mingyu what the f- what are you doing?" he whisper hissed when mingyu's body lay down next to him in the little space they had to share with the two of them now. 

"you know i can't sleep." the bare light of the moon that shone through the small window illuminated mingyu's eyes for the slightest bit. with them being so close to each other they even managed to make out some of their facial features. 

"we just sat outside and spoke about that! we can't sleep together in this bed, it's barely big enough for myself!" wonwoo scolded the big guy that lay next to him. however, regret filled his system when he caught a glimpse of disappointment on mingyu's face.

mingyu nodded understanding and propped himself up on his elbow. "i'm sorry wonwoo.. i'll sleep in my own bed again." but just when he was about to entirely push himself up, he felt a hand on his upper arm, gesturing for him to stay. 

"it's.. whatever, you can sleep here." wonwoo rolled himself out of the blanket and offered it to mingyu, sacrificing the warmth he embraced himself in. the blanket was too small for them both if they wanted to keep the space in between them. 

mingyu on the other hand was against it that wonwoo would be cold for the entire night so he carefully moved closer to him, sharing the same pillow. "come here, i want your entire body covered with this blanket or else you might get cold tonight."

"i'm fine mingyu." wonwoo tried to convince mingyu, but the taller didn't listen and went on with rolling wonwoo back in the blanket again so both their bodies were covered. 

at this point they were a lot closer to each other than before, their foreheads nearly touching. it only went noticed by wonwoo who held his breath as mingyu was still busy with making sure wonwoo's entire back was covered as well.

until he averted his attention to wonwoo's face again, gulping when he found out how close they were to one another. he managed to remain oddly calm somehow as a gentle chuckle escaped his throat. 

"god.. you're beautiful." mingyu whispered, completely unable to look at anything else beside wonwoo's eyes. 

even wonwoo was captivated by mingyu's charms and beautiful facial features. from the way his voice sounded a few octaves deeper all the way to his incredibly manly scent. everything about him seemed to catch wonwoo's attention and it was everything about him that drove wonwoo insane on the inside. 

he felt like he was hypnotized by mingyu's face and there was no possible way of escaping. and if he had to be fully honest, he didn't even want to escape it.