The Question

It feels like a funeral home here since it is dead quiet. Husk rests his left elbow on the bar's wooden surface as his other hand occupy itself with another bottle of cheap booze. He let out a quiet burp when he chug down the bottle. He decides to stay behind the bar while the women are in Belial's room to treat the fallen angel's wounds. For Alastor, Husk saw the hunger in his eyes. He knows that look all too well - it is Alastor's feeding time to satisfy his 'other' side. 

The smell of Belial's blood must have awaken his drive for fresh meat. Husk is glad that he won't deal with Alastor's hunger now. He won't admit out loud but that side scares the shit out of him. The sound of footsteps made him look up to see Nifty carrying Belial's ruined clothes in her arms. She approaches the fireplace that holds the burning flames. Humming, Nifty threw the clothes into the fire to watch it burn. Nifty slaps her hands to brush any dirt or dust. The flames consume the clothes until it became ashes under the flames. Her eye connect with Husk who watch her. 

"Oh Husk! What are you doing?" 

"What do you think?" Husk replies, opening another bottle of booze. Nifty giggles at his reply then looks around. "Where is Alastor? I thought he would be here!" She asks. Husk gave her a short look, "Out." This made Nifty let out an oh then nods her head. She already knows what he meant then quickly sped away to return to Belial's room with the others. 

+++

Charlie and Vaggie clean up Belial's wound to the best they could. Blood soak towels and cloth lay beside Belial's bedside. They have to stitch up Belial's open chest wound with thick thread and needle given by Nifty. At least, Belial isn't bleeding out like a human or she would be dead. She looks dead due to her deadly pale skin and her body still. They listen to her slowly breathing as Belial is fallen to a deep sleep. The fallen angel lay on her bed with a thin sheet over her lower body. Bandages wrap around her chest wound. A loose black t-shirt covering her body for decent covering. 

The princess let out a sigh of relief then sits on the carpet floor next to the bed. Vaggie joins her girlfriend. Both of them are relieved that Belial is still breathing. Charlie pulls out a white handkerchief from her pant's pocket to reveal the bullet that hit Belial from Nifty. The bullet is missing it's body. The only thing that remains is the flat head with no signs of etching, simply a normal looking bullet. 

"...Aunt Bel told Nifty this bullet is holy but where someone get a hand in this? This bullet must be powerful to hurt her like this." Charlie softly said. It's terrifying to believe that a person in Hell possess a powerful bullet like this. What happens if another one hits Belial or even her father? She doesn't want to think about that. Charlie doesn't want to lose her family. Vaggie pulls Charlie to a comforting embrace. "We'll find the person." She promises Charlie, "They won't get away with this." Charlie nods her head, taking in Vaggie's warmth. 

The moth demon will have to keep her guard up so she can protect Charlie from this assassin. A door knock made the both of them look up. Muttering an enter, Vaggie saw the demon behind the door is Jasper. The timid demon gave them a small wave in greetings. He enters the room to close the door behind him. His eyes lands on Belial laying on her bed. They could see worry on his face. "H-how is Lady Belial...?" He had to ask. Charlie give him a comforting smile. The women stood up to move out Jasper's way to walk to her bedside. 

"She will be fine. The only thing she needs to do is rest." She informs the demon. Jasper let out a shaky breath. Relief could be seen on his face. "I'm g-glad." He only said. Jasper kept an eye on Belial as if he is hoping that she will wake up soon. The women decides to approach the door. "Do you mind looking after her...?" Charlie asks. Jasper turns to her then quickly nods his head. "O-Of course...that's the least I can do for her." Charlie smiles at the timid demon. She could see how much he cares about Belial. Vaggie gives him a short nod.