Chapter Five

"So are you going to tell me where we're going?" I asked Chloe as she drove to an unknown destination.

"Nope. It's a surprise babe. Just be patient." She grabbed my left hand with her right and rested them comfortably on her thigh.

I smiled to myself. I don't think I've ever been this happy. As I looked at her I could sense how deeply I was falling for her already. It was crazy how fast my feelings were developing and I wondered if she was feeling the same way.

"Something on your mind?" She asked with a smirk tugging at her lips.

"I was just wondering, does your mom not care that we're... well..." for some reason I couldn't say it. I was scared even though Shannon had given me no signs that she was homophobic.

"That we're together? Why were you so hesitant to say that?" She gave me a concerned look and then turned her eyes back to the road.

"I'm just scared that she'll reject us, I guess." I sighed and looked down at our hands. She laughed and squeezed mine tighter.

"Well that would be kinda hard for her to do. Not easy to be homophobic and attracted to women at the same time, is it?" She joked, glancing at me. "I came out to her when I was 14, and she surprised me by coming out back. She's bi and I talk to her about girls like, all the time. I told her all about you, and I can tell she really likes you. I'd be more worried about her trying to plan a wedding than keep us apart."

"Really? That's so amazing, how sweet! It took my mom a while to adjust, but she's supportive too. I want you to meet her and my dad." I smiled like an idiot.

"Then I'll just have to spend the night over there next time." She told me.

"It's a date then!" I giggled.

"By the way, we're here." She pointed out. I hadn't even realized she'd parked because I was so excited.

"This is it? Where are we?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"It's a mini golf course. I thought it would be fun." She bit her lip nervously as she searched my face for a reaction.

"Are you kidding me? I love mini golf!" I reached out to cup her face, engulfing her lips in a sweet kiss.

"I'm so glad because it's such a nice date place."

"It really is. Can we cheat though? That's really what makes it so fun." I asked her hopefully.

"As long as we don't get caught or cause any damage, of course we can." She smiled devilishly at me and it was so fucking sexy.

We quickly exited her car with our masks on and went into the building that held the course. It was one of the indoor, glow in the dark mini golf places. It also had a laser tag arena and a glowing maze. It was amazing, I couldn't believe I'd never been here before.

Chloe and I held hands upon entry and gazed at the beautiful dark building. There was neon of every color of the rainbow. I could make out different animals and themed holes like a beach with a coconut tree and a lighthouse. There were different kinds of fish, chameleons, dolphins, and sharks scattered across the walls and on the floor. It was a combination of a beach and jungle themed mini golf course. It was mesmerizing.

"Let's go pay so we can play," Chloe looked at the sparkle in my eyes with some of her own.

"Hey that rhymed," I pointed out.

"You're right, it did. I didn't even mean to do that," she laughed.

"Come on you dork."