Chapter Eleven

Three weeks really isn't that long, but with the lack of kisses from Chloe and the ache in my face, it felt so much longer. At least we passed the time doing fun things with each other and learning everything we could about one another. By the time I went back to my doctor, my stitches were all out and my lip was healing nicely. When he checked on how my nose was doing, he removed the splint and felt it and took x-rays. I was lucky to have caught the injury early enough to make it heal straight. Since I was careful and iced my nose often, my nose had fully healed, I just needed to make sure it stayed out of harm's way from now on. No more face planting into walls.

     Chloe was the one who drove me to the doctor when the time came. She offered, even though my eyes were fully functional again thanks to those drops. She wanted to be there and keep taking care of me. I think she'd grown to really like it.

     We had another sleepover the weekend before school was due to start up again. It would be messy since they'd decided to split everyone up into an A schedule and a B schedule. Half of the students would attend Mondays and Wednesdays, and half would attend Tuesdays and Thursdays. All other days would be online learning. It was decided alphabetically by last name, meaning Chloe and I would be on different schedules, going on different days. How would she know where anything is? How could I see her? There was no way. I was on the B schedule at Warren Tech anyway, maybe they'd let me change to B at Mountain High.

     Chloe and I were watching a movie before we went to sleep. It was a lesbian romance film called Loving Annabelle.

     I turned to Chloe about halfway through, thinking about how much I'd missed kissing her.

     She looked up at me from her usual cuddling position and asked, "What's up, baby?"

     "Well, since my lips healed, I was wondering if you wanted to try kissing again?" I asked nervously. I was afraid she didn't want to kiss me. My lip still wasn't very pretty.

     "I'd love to, I just don't want it to hurt you," She looked concerned.

     "It's still sensitive, but I barely feel anything," I assured her, which wasn't entirely true. I could feel how warm she was, the butterflies she always gave me from being so close, the love I felt for her. I couldn't feel how much my face still hurt, but I would definitely feel her kiss.

     "Nothing, really?" She cocked her head to the side and raised her eyebrow.

     "No pain, at least," I amended.

     "So... you can feel this?" She asked as she snaked her hand under my shirt and ran her fingers up and down my stomach.

     "Yes," I huffed out.

     "Good," She said and then inched closer to my face, going slowly so she didn't accidentally hurt me. She gently planted a kiss on my lower lip at first, then tried my upper lip. I instantly wanted more. I cupped her face so she'd do it again, more passionately.

     "As much as I love doing that, I really don't want to hurt you," She bit her bottom lip.

     "It doesn't hurt. Please?" I begged.

     "Okay," She managed to get out before she did it again, more passionately. I kissed her back with fervor, my body on fire. I grabbed her leg and wrapped it over my waist so that she was on top of me. She stopped for a second to look at me and I did the same. She wore my favorite hoodie again and a pair of sporty shorts. I was in a Twenty Øne Pilots T-shirt and my black sweatpants.

     "What're you doing?" She asked cautiously.

     "What we haven't been able to do for almost a month," I spit out and then reached up to cup her face in my hands so she'd come back down to me. I wanted her; I needed her.