Chapter Twelve

That morning I woke up and saw a strange text from an unknown number on my phone.

I love you, Alex. Please talk to me.

I read it about three times, the drowsiness in my eyes not leaving right away. As soon as I comprehended it, I knew exactly who it was from. How is she texting me? I thought her number didn't work...

I didn't respond. I ignored her and didn't mention it to Chloe because it wasn't important. I didn't care about Cheyenne, I only cared about Chloe.

"Hi, baby," Chloe mumbled into my neck as she spooned me.

"Good morning, love. Want me to go grab us some breakfast before class?" I asked after turning around to kiss her lips and pet her hair.

"Mm that sounds wonderful. Do I have to come with you or can I stay in bed?" She mumbled.

"No, beautiful. You can sleep in if you want to. I'll be back in no time, I promise." I answered.

"Okay," She quickly drifted back off to sleep.

I dressed in appropriate clothes, grabbed my keys and wallet, and headed out. What I saw when I exited my house was painful, to say the least.

"Alex, please just let me talk to you for a second," Cheyenne said as she stood in my front lawn. I ignored and walked past her to my car, which was parked on the curb by our mailbox.

"Will you just hear me out?!" She shouted as she chased me to my car.

"You don't have anything worth listening to. Leave me alone, Cheyenne. I don't wanna talk to you," I said, then got into my car. I tried to lock the doors, but I wasn't quick enough.

"Now you have to talk to me. Come on, just a little chat?" She smirked.

"This isn't funny. I was fucking serious about calling the cops. Get out of my car," I ordered.

"No. Not until you agree to talk to me," She argued.

"It's not happening. If you don't get out of my car and stop harassing me right now, I'll call the police," I threatened.

"No, you won't. If you call the police, I'll end your stupid little relationship," She threatened back.

"What are you talking about? You aren't ending anything from prison. Now get out of my car."

"My dad's a lawyer, so I doubt that. I just need a few minutes. Please?" She begged.

"Why do you think that anything you say to me will change anything about this situation?"

"Because I know we're meant to be together and that bitch doesn't deserve you," She explained.

I dramatically pulled out my phone to dial 911. Cheyenne tried to take my phone from me, but failed. As soon as someone answered, she left my car quickly. I explained to the operator that someone in my neighborhood was harassing me and wouldn't leave me alone. They said they'd send an officer over to settle the dispute and take my statement.

I never got to get breakfast for Chloe and I and we both missed our first class of the day because I had to deal with Cheyenne and Chloe slept in.

Once I was done giving the officer my statement and asking if I could file a restraining order against her, I went back inside. It was almost 10:00 in the morning now and I woke Chloe up.

"Hey baby, wake up," I calmly whispered in her ear while I peppered light kisses on the back of her neck and her cheek.

"Hi, did you get breakfast?" She asked groggily.