Chapter Seven

I woke up to Chloe stirring in my arms. She must've rolled off of me last night because she was lying on her side and I was spooning her. I lifted my arm off of her, careful not to wake her up. Then I turned onto my other side so I could grab my phone, which was lying on the floor. It was 10:24 in the morning. I also noticed that my phone was almost dead since I didn't plug it in last night. My charger was in my bag, so I pulled it out and got up to go plug it in by her TV. I had a missed call from my mom at 9:13 and a few texts from my friends. I called my mom back.

"Hey momma. You called?"

"Hi honey, I just wanted to know when you'd be home today. I was thinking about going to Sam's Club to get some things if you wanna come with me," She said.

"Sorry, I just woke up. What if you wait for me and I'll be home by 11:00? I just have to wake Chloe up, tell her I'm leaving, and then get my things together," I explained.

"Sounds good. I'll wait up. See you soon."

"Okay, bye mom. I love you."

"Bye, I love you too." She ended the call.

I got up and went to the bathroom since I had to pee. I also saw my toothbrush in there. I guess I didn't have everything packed up like I thought. Might as well brush my teeth then, I thought. I peed and cleaned myself up a bit, including wetting my hair to make it behave and cleaning my teeth, then I brought my toothbrush out and put it back in my bag. I also pulled my black skinny jeans out and put them on. Chloe was still fast asleep. Crazy how yesterday she was so awake at 8:00 in the morning and today she was asleep past 10:00.

I checked my phone again for the time, then I sat on the bed next to her and gently smoothed her hair back out of her face. She turned to look at me and smiled.

"Good morning," She yawned out.

"Good morning sleepy. My mom wants to go shopping at 11:00 and it's 10:35 right now. I wanted to hang out with you a little more before I have to go," I sadly told her.

"Aww why do you have to go? I want you to spend time with your mom, but I'll miss you," she sulked.

"I know, me too. I'll probably see you tonight for dinner, though, remember?" I reminded her.

"Oh yeah, that's right. I'm excited," she smiled with a goofy look on her face. She stretched and layed on her back so she could look at me better.

"I am too. My parents will love you," I laughed and then smiled back at her.

"Come snuggle," She gestured for me to lay on her by opening her arms and waving me towards her.

"Okay, just for a little while and then I have to go," I answered and then layed comfortably on her chest. She kissed my forehead and massaged my back.

"You smell really nice," she commented.

"Thank you. You do too."

"I don't want you to leave. When do you think dinner will be?" She asked.

"I don't want to leave either. Dinner should be around 5 or 6 maybe? I'll keep you updated. I'll text you all day, okay?" I promised her.

"Okay, that sounds good." She seemed like she was going to fall asleep again. I didn't want to fall asleep again and miss hanging out with my mom, so I tried to get up, but she held me tighter.

"Where do you think you're going?" She teased.

"Let me go, silly! My mom is waiting for me," I told her and when she didn't loosen her grip, I threatened to tickle her. That made her let go real quick.