Chapter 18

I smiled up at Jason. Him and I were eating lunch at some local Cafe we came across in town.

"So tell me," Jason started. "What's up with this shifting thing Annie was talking about that other day. I'm curious."

I swallowed down my water , not sure to tell Jason the truth or not. "It's nothing, I don't know what Annie's talking about," I told Jason.

Like Sarah said I didn't want one reality interfering with another. I should have never told Annie about shifting to begin with.

"Uh huh," Jason nodded with sarcasm in his voice.

"What?" I asked , not sure if Jason believed what I had just told him.

"Lies," he nodded. "Lies?" I asked.

Jason nodded , taking a bit of his food. "It doesn't matter Jason. It isn't even a big deal," I assured him , annoyed with Annie. This wasn't her conversation to talk about , it was none of her business. She didn't even believe us when we told her about it?

"Listen if Annie tells you anything about shifting just don't listen because it isn't even her business or a big deal," I explained , and I was right. This wasn't Annie's place to go babbling to Jason about something that didn't even involve her.

~

"She's so annoying!" Sarah groaned as she flopped herself onto my bed. "I know!" I agreed. "Why does she always tell Jason this type of stuff about us? It's almost like she's trying to make Jason dislike us."

"She likes him?" Sarah suggested getting up.

I looked over at her concerned. "What?" I questioned , getting up as well.

"Annie likes Jason. It's so obvious. But Jason likes you so she's trying to make him like her and dislike you," Sarah clarified , throwing me off with how much of this she seemed to know.

"Jason does not like me," I scoffed, slightly embarrassed. "I would know."

Sarah narrowed her eyes at me. "Are you that stupid? It's obvious. He totally likes you!" Sarah protested , glancing at her phone.

"Anyways if he did , I don't like him," I spoke proudly. Sarah instantly put her phone down , diverting all her attention to me.

"Kimmie! You've never even had a boyfriend , you haven't had your first kiss yet , and you haven't liked a single person since we shifted and you're 15! Come on! You have to keep going with you're life," Sarah complained.

"I've kissed in my desired reality if that counts," I mumbled. Sarah scoffed at the comment.

"It doesn't count! Stop letting that reality affect this one!" Sarah lectured again.

"I don't need a boyfriend and so what if I don't like anybody? It's not like you do? And anyways I've never had a boyfriend in our desired reality so why does it even matter?"

Sarah sighed. "Who cares if who haven't had a boyfriend in your desired reality! Point is , ever since we shifted it's almost as if you don't care about this reality anymore." I rolled my eyes at Sarah's lecture she was about to give. "You only like Draco , who is a fictional character here and you can like him but it's not like you're gonna end up marrying him here."

Sarah did have some good points as she continued on. "One day you're going to grow up and get married to somebody who isn't Draco. You're going to graduate collage and buy a house. You're going to have kids and get a job. You don't realize that do you? You have a life here too Kimmie and you have to realize that."