Chapter 42

"Finally," I smiled as I stepped onto the Hogwarts Express.

School had finally come and the long boring Summer of no Draco came to an end. I was more than ready to see him again.

I walked across the aisle in search of Draco. Finally I had spotted the familiar platinum blonde haired figure. He was sitting along side Pansy and Blaise.

I instantly rushed over to the sight of him as I took the window seat next to him.

"Hello," I smiled.

Blaise smiled at me as Pansy scoffed.

I rolled my eyes at Pansy as I looked out the window.

I spent the ride unsure of what to say as awkward tension grew around the four of us. Pansy would annoyingly break the tension once in awhile and Blaise had asked how my summer had went but other than that none of us had dared to speak.

My eyes started to water. I was unsure why. I took my eyes away from the window as I looked back over to where Draco stood standing in the middle of the aisle. Our compartment was filling up with smoke. I started to cough again as I inhaled more smoke filling up around me.

I could barely see a thing through all the smoke filling up around me as chaos in the compartment filled.

"What was that?" Draco questioned as he got up from his seat. "Blaise?"

"Don't know,"Blaise shrugged.

I motioned for Blaise and Draco to sit down.

"Relax guys. It's probably just a first year messing around," I assured.

"Come on Draco," Pansy beckoned. "We'll be at Hogwarts soon."

I rolled my eyes at her.

Draco slowly turned around. A worried look was plastered across his face. He walked back over to where we were sitting still confused.

"Hogwarts," Draco spat. "What a pathetic excuse for a school."

I looked over to Draco confused. Why he was speaking so lowly of Hogwarts?

"I'd pitch myself off the Astronomy Tower if I had to continue for another two years," Draco continued still speaking in a harsh tone.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Let's just say I don't think you'll see me wasting my time in Charms class next year," Draco scoffed.

Blaise snickered.

"Amused Blaise?" Draco hissed.

Blaise looked up to Draco.

"We'll just see who's laughing in the end."

Draco's eyes moved away from Blaise as they made their way up to where Draco's suitcase sat. A stern look covered Draco's face.

~

The Hogwarts Express had stopped as students piled outside of the train. Pansy and Blaise had gotten up from their seats as they made their way over to the exit. Draco had not budged , as he continued to stay seated trapping me in.

"You two go on," Draco insisted. "I wanna check something."

Pansy hesitated for a moment.

"What about Kimmie?" Pansy protested.

"We'll be there in a second," Draco assured.

Blaise grabbed Pansy's hand as the two of them exited the train.