36 - Birthday Present

Warning: Not edited

Diya pov

"You are always making me walk out of our house like a thief Arju" he laughed from the other side.

"What?" I asked him angrily as climbing this huge wall of our house is a difficult task, "you are speaking loud Diya" immediately I shut my mouth and looked around to conform I was caught by no one.

"stop giving reactions and come out quickly" he said like watching me in live. With much difficulty, I jumped out as he is standing there hiding his smile, "I am not as expert as you Arju. Stop laughing" I hit him climbing on the back of his motorbike.

Soon we started our destination that I have planned to celebrate his birthday, It's a simple unused place and I decorated it's a roof for him.

After reaching the place we both climbed up and found that the lights were off, I went to switch it on but my luck it's not working, "Arju help me" he came and saw it but it's not working.

He laughed, "is it your surprise?" unknowingly tears started to flow down my cheeks, he quickly wiped it cupping my face, "Don't cry Diya I was just kidding" he made me sit on the table as he kneeled, "your face will do the duty these lights failed Diya. All these surprises, decorations are just a small source of happiness for me but those smile on your lips and your pinkish nose and the eyes whose speak a lot will be my happiness. I don't need surprises your effort is the best thing that can make me happy" I felt too happy to hear his words.

"But I spoiled your birthday Arju" I cried, "You still can make it special Diya" I wiped my tear but still I want to make it special in any way he wishes, "How?"

He took something out of his pocket, it's a beautiful plain gold ring, I sat there frozenly, "I am not rich Diya but will you accept my me along with this ring?" I wasted no time and hugged him by putting my hands around his neck crying hard.

This is the first time he officially declared that he loves me, "I love you too Arju. Money is not much big than my Arju"

He broke the hug and insert the ring into my hand, "You will be with me till the end right?" I quickly nodded, "till my last breathe" he kissed my forehead lovingly. 

The whole family decided to surprise him at midnight as it's his first birthday he is celebrating with the whole family and this will be the first time in the past 5 years I am missing his birthday celebration, anyway I decided to join it hiding behind a pillar at the dark end of the living room not accepting their continuous request to join them for celebration.

Sharp at midnight everyone went to surprise him excluding Advik, me, and his parents a few minutes later the whole family gathered in the simply decorated living room. He faces is not sleepy he might have been awake all this time but there I can sense something he is expecting.

Pravana placed a huge decorated cake on the table handing him the knife he took it and looked around the crowd, "where are my mom and dad?"

"They will join tomorrow celebration Arjun" he nodded getting their ignorance directly, "Advik?" I expected a single percent that maybe he would ask me, "right here" Advik showed his hand holding a camera in his hand with a bright smile. Their bond is something very special that brings a smile automatically to my lips.

"But Diya..." grandma scanned around, "let's cut the cake" he cut her sentence quickly along with my hope and little happiness filling my eyes with my tears, not even once at least for old memories sake his heart didn't reclaim our memories.

And that clenched my heart swallowing painful tears in my eyes, after cutting the cake he feed it first to Advik then Meera. Without wasting any further second I quickly went to my room and laid down on bed spending my sleepless night with our memories of his birthday that happened in the last five years wondering how beautiful things looked like back.