Chapter Six

Hiccup's P.O.V:

I looked at Toothless, perplexed. His condition had improved drastically, but he seemed a little.... robotic. I was glad he was eating and moving, of course, but....

It was just weird.

I opened the door and brought in a bucket of fish, then set it down on the floor. "Okay, bud, here you go. Time for lunch!"

Tootheless ran over, looked at the bucket of fish, and proceeded to walk right by it.

He looked straight at me, as if he were sizing me up. I looked back at him. "What?"

Toothless grumbled, almost in satisfaction, and leaned closer to me, mouth open.

I jumped out of the way, stunned. It looked like he had tried to take a bite out of me!

Again, he jumped at me, and I barely evaded it. "Toothless! What the heck? Knock it off!" I said, dodging him once again.

Toothless snorted, and ran at me once more. I wasn't able to dodge.

~~}•{~~

Toothless's P.O.V:

I hefted Hiccup up as I walked out the door, the bottom of his shirt in my mouth.

"Toothless! Put me down right now!" he demanded, wriggling around. I grumbled a deep chuckle, and continued on, down the hill.

I strutted through the center of town, and no one could do anything. My theory was that they were too stunned at seeing their cheif hanging from his dragon, and in an extremely embarrassing way. His struggling didn't help keep his public image up at all.

As we turned the corner, I ran into a familiar face.

Literally.

Stormfly and me whacked into each other. I supposed it would have been more appropriate to say that she ran into Hiccup, as he took the brunt of the blow. I accidentally lost my hold on his shirt.

"What in the- Hiccup?!" I heard Astrid ask. "What are you doing?!"

Stormfly looked to me, "Erm.... What's up....?"

I chuckled, "Hiccup."

I jumped at Hiccup, and he tried scrambling away.

"Toothless! Is just! Being- oh, would you stop?!!"

The last part of his dialect was directed to me as I picked him up again. "No," I muttered through the back of his shirt.

"Um, Astrid, would you give me a hand?" Hiccup asked.

Astrid looked like she was holding in laughter. "Sure, I'm glad that Toothless is improving, by the way."

I huffed as she walked up to me, narrowing my eyes. I was going to go to the forest, and I was going look for signs of Dancer.

"Come on, Toothless," she tried to coax me, "Put Hiccup down."

I snorted, backing up, and growled.

"Stop!" Hiccup said, that time, addressing Astrid, "Growling is not a good sign."

"I know that already, I'm a dragon trainer, too," Astrid chided him.

I walked around Astrid, and continued making my way to the forest. Astrid tried to follow, but I hissed at her, "Go away."