SEVEN

"𝙔𝙊, 𝘾𝘼𝙉 𝙄 come over?" y/n asked, holding her phone to her ear

"no," tokoyami's voice sounded on the other end of the line. "dark shadow is learning a tiktok dance."

"i could teach her," y/n protested.

"sorry, no."

"why?"

"because i'm learning it too. you're not seeing that."

as soon as he finished that sentence, tokoyami hung up, leaving y/n in a surprised state. he doesn't want me to see him learning a tiktok dance... he's embarrassed by that? really?

she let out a small laugh as she made her way to the common area. maybe i should find kaminari, she thought to herself. she'd originally told him she wasn't joining the game of hide and seek, but she didn't care. plus, it would be kaminari's turn to seek this round.

"hello?" y/n asked, stepping into the common area. it was dark, and empty— no sight of kaminari counting. had the game already started?

"psst! y/n! i'm here! come here!" a familiar voice said and y/n whipped her head round to see a hand gesturing for her to come over.

"kaminari!" y/n whispered. "what are you doing? i thought it was your turn to seek."

"it was, but bakugou joined and he wanted to seek, so." kaminari laughed nervously, placing a hand on the back of his neck. "i didn't have a choice."

"how do you even get bakugou to join? it's amazing honestly, considering his... personality!"

"we don't."

y/n looked at kaminari questioningly. "what do you mean, you don't?"

"he joins on his own accord, like when he can't sleep or stuff. other nights he's sound asleep by 8.30," kaminari said.

y/n snickered. "8.30?"

"yup."

y/n peeked round the corner, making sure no one was approaching. "hey, i wanted to ask you something."

"yeah?"

"i heard some rumours," y/n lied, "about you."

"ooh! what are they about?"

"uh, about jirou." y/n glanced at him nervously as she played with a strand of her hair. "do you like her?"

"yes! she's super cool!" he whisper-yelled, showing y/n a thumbs up. his eyes glinted in the moonlit room.

"no," y/n placed her elbow on the couch, letting her head rest in her arm. "i mean like as in like like. do you like her romantically?"

he looked as if he was considering the thought. "romanti— no!" he laughed. "why would you think that?"

"i mean, you two just seemed pretty close, so i—"

"i think of her more like a younger sister, y'know? or a cousin!" he mused. "yeah! a cousin could work. maybe i'll ask her if she wants to be my cousin!" he grinned excitedly, his hands unconsciously forming the thumbs-up position again.

y/n shook her head in amusement, giggling at him. "kaminari, i don't think that's how people get related." more muffled giggles could be heard as she tried to tone down by covering her mouth.

kaminari started cracking up at her contagious laughter. "stop laughing! it's making me laugh! and i don't know what's funny!"

"it's not my fault my laugh's contagious!"

"okay," kaminari began after the laughter died down. "but in all seriousness, i don't like her romantically," he shrugged. "i just think she's really cool and she should realise that."

"what's all this— heh, you dumbasses are hiding together, huh?" bakugou stomped into the common area, lifting an eyebrow. "cool. but your nuts for brains are gonna get caught easily. find a better spot!" he yelled, stomping back out the common area.