SEVENTEEN

𝙔/𝙉 𝙐𝙉𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂𝙇𝙔 𝙋𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙎𝙀𝘿 the button to end the call, sighing as she threw on a coat, scarf and earmuffs before she went outside to practice her quirk

her thoughts were like wind, swirling around her as she tried to lengthen the duration that she could make her shield last. she couldn't imagine what it would be like to have a long distance relationship. she'd heard from many people that it usually resulted in a break up due to lack of communication or simply because they were both too busy with their own lives.

for others, it was because they realised that they could live without their partner, that existing was still comfortable and they didn't really feel a piece of them missing. that caused some of them to believe that their partner was not 'the one' meant for them, and hence they broke up.

y/n's shield broke, splitting apart as she panted, out of breath. she checked her stopwatch— she'd exceeded her previous record of 20 minutes— she'd lasted 21 minutes.

she smiled to herself, continuing to practice until she broke her own record three times in a row.

when that was accomplished, she let out a breath, falling onto the snow-filled ground. she grinned at the cold seeping up her back— unlike others, she actually enjoyed it.

as she lay down on the soft yet ice cold snow, she stared up at the night sky. it was beautiful, hundreds of stars scattered across the sky, illuminating it. they danced around the moon, each looking like they had their own story.

y/n only snapped out of her trance when her mother called her into the house.

"huh? what?"

"my friend, also my colleague, apparently saw a blonde guy with this black thing in his hair, and she said he's walking around in like, a shirt and pants and a jacket. in this weather," she gestured to the snow falling between the space in her fingers. "he was wearing the ua uniform, too."

y/n gawked. "he was what?"

"wearing the ua uniform. gosh, y/n, listen when i talk to you. anyway— he's looking for you, apparently, and he—"

"alright, mom! thanks for informing me!" y/n yelled, breaking into a sprint as she darted for the streets.

"he was sighted near my office! i took you there this morning!" her mother's voice faded into the distance, and y/n looked back to flash her an 'ok' sign with her fingers.

she walked around the area outside the building of the company that hired her mother. her eyes trailed along the fuzzy, golden street lights, the buildings, the cars, the benches—

the benches. her eyes landed on a bench where a boy sat, shivering so much, arms wrapped around his own torso in order to warm himself from the cold. his hair had a streak of black on the blonde, and his golden eyes kept darting around, as if he was searching for something.

undeniably, it was denki.

"denki!" y/n called, rushing over to him and cupping his face with her hands. "what are you doing here?"

he let her squish his cheeks. "i missed you."

"i know, but, you're in korea. how did you even get here?"

he stood up, dusting imaginary dust from his pants. "...koji helped me ask eagles."

y/n laughed. "eagles dragged you here?"

"pretty much."

she smiled at him. that explained the crinkles and scratch marks on the sleeve of his jacket.

"where are your mittens?" he asked suddenly, clutching her hands with a pout. "you should be wearing mittens!"

"..." y/n stared at him, mouth agape. "i was training. need my hands to form my quirk." she paused. "why are you asking me that? you're barely wearing enough layers. you're freezing, look. wait a second..." she slowly unwrapped her scarf from her neck.

"no, no, no, no!" he gestured for her to stop. "don't! you'll freeze."

y/n gave him a death glare. "you need it more than i do."

"...that's true."

he let her slip the scarf on him, and wrapped it around his neck loosely. "couldn't you have come in at least a winter jacket?"

"i forgot! i was in a rush," he protested.

"why would you do this?" y/n rocked back and forth on her heels. "you know, you're freezing and all. even got transported like eagles."

"because my love for you is this big!" he exclaimed, stretching his arms as far as they could go. "beyond the universe. they can't understand, can't comprehend it. my love for you is unconditional. you're a gift to me, one i'll always treasure— so i can freeze. i can go through sun and rain and snow and hail— you get the point— if it means i can see you, and hold you, and kiss you, and..." his voice trailed off, a nervous smile curling the corner of his lips upward. "you get the message."

a tint of pink dusted y/n's cheeks as she pulled him in by his collar, her other hand on the side of his face, as she pressed her lips to his in a short but sweet kiss.

when they pulled away, y/n didn't remove her hand from his face, instead placing both on either side. their foreheads were touching. "i'm in love with you."

"me too."

"denki!" she laughed, peering up at him afterwards.

"i love you too, yeah, you know. just glad i..."

"you?" y/n questioned.

"found you," a smile played on his lips as y/n blinked in realisation.

the end.
(read below for an
explanation of sorts)

basically the book is literally titled hide & seek. yall know how to play the game, right? so at the end, it's like he found her ('found you.') just like how she 'got him out of hiding' with his feelings about how he didn't have a very good impression of himself. their relationship started with hide and seek, ended with hide and seek.

ok, hope you enjoyed this! :)

if you did, pls help to vote <33

edit: a/n: please don't comment about bokuaka or in another life ! i did not write this just for it to be watered down to being compared with another book. i am uncomfortable with seeing such comments and will delete them ! thank you :)