9.

I walked back to where Mark was sitting but noticed that he was gone.

"Mark?" I looked around but couldn't find him. I packed up my things and cleaned the table before walking out the store.

Suddenly Niki emerged from the corner running straight to me. He looked stressed and tired.

"Niki what's wrong?"

"What are you doing here?" Niki said avoiding my question.

"I was just grabbing something small to eat. I ran into Mark while we were texting then I was catching up with him. And now he just left without saying anything."

"I was so worried something happened, please don't do that again"

I gave Niki a reassuring smile before grabbing his hand.

"It's ok I'm fine. Let's go to my place and eat some of these." I said holding out the bag of snacks I just bought.

One week later

Someone's POV
I walked into class and saw that everyone was already in. I saw Jennifer, she's so pretty. But she gave Niki a hug. I remember when it was their 6 months anniversary and they kissed in front of me, that hurt. Fucking Niki. But I remember what he said.

'Kill Niki and we can share her."

I mentally laughed. He gave me a gun to kill Niki but when I'm done I'll kill him too. I want her all to myself.

Class was over now and it was recess. Some students choose to stay in the class while others choose to go outside. I know Niki, Jennifer and Giselle like to stay inside so this could be my chance. I just need to get Niki alone.

"Giselle and I are gonna use the bathroom, we'll be right back." I heard Jennifer say.

Perfect.

I dig into my bag and loaded my gun while it's inside my bag.

"Wait i need to use the bathroom too"

This bitch.

I finished losing the gun before making my way to the nearest bathroom. It was empty but I heard one toilet in use. I mentally laugh at how easy this was gonna be. I take out the gun releasing it's safety trigger.

I kicked the door open and before looking I shot the guy.

*bang*

I watched as the body fell to the floor, blood oozing out the back of their head. But I noticed,

That's not Niki!

Shit.

"What the fuck!" I turned around and saw some guy standing in the doorway. He was looking at me, then the gun in my hand then the body on the floor.

He was about to run out but I shot him too.

"There's a dead body!" I could heard screaming coming from the hallways.

Shit I messed up.

Maybe if I can shoot everyone in the hallway I can get away.

I ran out of the bathrooms and start firing my gun shooting anyone I can see. But most people already ran away.

Jennifer POV

"Why's everyone running?" I turned to Niki and Giselle but they both shrugged their shoulders.

"Hey!" I called for the person that's running, they stop but they look like they wanna run away.

"What's going on?"

"There's a guy with a gun!" They said before running off again.

Instantly all three of us started running into the direction everyone else is running to.

When we were outside the buildings there were police cars and ambulances everywhere. They all hurried us away from the building with our arms up.

We got the rest of the school week off.

~~~

My phone started ringing.

"Hey" I was tired and honestly still a little traumatised from the events at school.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" It was Giselle. I was surprised she was the one asking me how I felt.  Normally I'm the one that comforts her.

Giselle doesn't take trauma very well, she grew up with an unhealthy relationship with her father but was able leave behind her traumatic childhood behind. She lives with her mum who was also caught in her traumatic childhood. Giselle is strong but doesn't do well with these types of situations.

"I'm doing alright. How are you going?"

"I'm still a little shaky but it's fine."

There was a knock on the front door.

"Hold up someone's here." 

I opened the door and was greeted with a bouquet of flowers. I saw that it was Niki.

"What's all this?" I asked pointing to the bag he was holding and the flower. I opened the door so Niki could come in while he was talking.

"Mum heard about what happened at school. She was worried about you since you live alone so she said I can stay with you until we go back."

"Really?" I started jumping around excitedly.

"Yeah, she also brought some food for us." Niki said while placing the bag of food onto counter.

"Girl did you forget I'm on the phone?" I heard Giselles voice coming from my phone.

Whoops.

02/01/21