33.

"Niki?"

How did he get in here?

We both just stood there not speaking a word.

"What are you doing here?" I finally asked.

"I'm here to get you and Sunoo out."

I saw Niki look around as if he heard something, suddenly he ran over grabbing my wrist and pulled me into the nearest room.

I'm guessing he heard someone coming because he was right, the moment we hid in a different room someone's footsteps entered the hallways.

Inside the room was a large table with paperwork still on it, I assume it's a meeting room.

Niki and I stayed hidden underneath the table even when we couldn't hear the footsteps anymore.

"Do you know where Sunoo is?" Niki asked.

"He's probably with Mark and he's waiting for you."

"I know that and he can keep waiting until we leave"

I was about to say something but heavy distressed footsteps could be heard in the hallways again.

They were followed by another person's footsteps.

"She's gone" I could recognise that it was JB's.

"She's what?!" That was Mark's voice. Just hearing him yell made me scared.

I remember all the times he's hit me after he was done yelling at me, even if it was for my own good. But I'm used to it, so I thought.

"Go look for her!" Mark continued.

Both Niki and I hid further under the table and away from the door.

The door burst open and someone entered the room running around to see if they could find anyone. I held my breath, scared that they would hear my own breathing.

Thankfully they didn't check under the table and within seconds they left.

I'm so dead when Mark finds me.

For some reason, this thought scared me even more than it really should. Niki is here to save me and Sunoo, shouldn't I be relieved that he is right here with me now?

Niki noticed my body starting to shake and my breathing starting to fasten.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked placing his hand on my shoulder.

I guess all my adrenaline and nerves kicked in because I slapped his hand away and backed away from Niki.

"Don't touch me. Stay away from me" My voice was shaky too.

My actions surprised Niki.

"Jennifer. Are you ok?"

"He's gonna hit me, he's gonna hurt me again. He's gonna-"

"Jennifer, calm down." Judging from Niki's tone he sounded concerned and annoyed. "I'm right here everything will be fine."

"No it's not. This is your fault"

I didn't even think before I let out those words. And judging by Niki's expression, he was shocked. Shocked and angry.

Fuck.

I didn't mean to say that.

"Wait, I didn't mean to say-"

"My fault?" Niki scoffed. "No, I know you meant those words."

Niki sounded and looked hurt behind his pissed expression.

"You really think I want to be here, you think Sunoo wants to be here? After everything we've been through, you me sunoo, this is what I get."

I just stayed quiet. Nothing I say or do will change his mind.

"Fuck this shit. I'm going to get Sunoo and get the fuck out of here. Go stay with Mark, see how well he treats you."

I watched as Niki crawled out from under the table and towards the door. He stopped when he got to the door but didn't turn around.

"And for a matter of fact, this is all your fault" Was all he said before exiting the room.

Niki POV

What the actual fuck.

My fault?

After everything I've done, after everything Sunoo's done. He's gonna be sad and disappointed when he finds out what she just said.

I knew I should've just minded my own business when I saw her, now I'm stuck in this situation.

I don't even know where I am.

Where are you Sunoo?

Suddenly someone knocked me to the ground. I turn around to see one of the guys that was guarding the front entrance before. I tried to get up and attack him but I was too slow. He managed to pin me down locking my arms behind my back with his left arm and using his other arm to wrap around my neck.

He started dragging me out of the hallways to what seemed like the main warehouse area.

I could see 7 other dudes. Two I recognise. Sunoo on the floor looking drained as ever and Mark standing next to him with a smirk on his face.

The other 5 I'm assuming is his group members.

"I expected you to enter through the front entrance and not through a window." Mark said.

Two other guys came around me, I was now standing in front of Mark.

I noticed bruises on Sunoo's body making my blood boil.

"What do you want?" I spoke in a low tone.

"Woah there calm down. You do realise I have your friend right here, I could kill him right now if i wanted to."

I watched in shock and fear as Mark raised a knife to Sunoo's face before slicing him on the cheek making Sunoo hiss in pain.

"Leave him alone!" I tried to break free from the guy's grip but he was too strong. Mark laughed at me seeing how I couldn't do anything to stop him.

"You know, this fun to watch."

Mark went in to slice him again, but with all the anger building up in me and the strength I had left, i broke free from the guy's grip before grabbing my pocket knife and stabbing him and the two dudes in the stomach.

I don't know how i was so quick, maybe it was the adrenaline or the anger in me, but i managed to push Mark away before he could touch Sunoo.

Without sparing a moment I pulled Sunoo with me and bolted for the entrance.

"What about Jennifer?" Sunoo asked in a panic while looking at me.

"Don't worry about her, Mark will take good care of her."

13/03/21