You're better off without me, and I'm better off alone

"Jordyn, wake up" Jessie said quietly "What- What?" I said waking up "Shhh, listen" Jessie said. I sat up and listened for what seemed like footsteps. "Are you sure that's not Sky?" I asked "I'm right here" Sky said beside my bed "I went to go get him when they started" Jessie said shakily "Well, could it be your parents" I said yawning "No they're on their trip" Sky explained "Does anyone else that I don't know of, that might be here?" I asked "Nope. No one even knows we're out here" Jessie said "Well, then who could it be?" Sky asked. We sat there for a minute trying not to make too much noise while we thought and made sure the footsteps didn't come up the stairs. "Who Would it be" I asked myself "I mean he wouldn't..." I thought "Oh, no" I said "What, are they coming upstairs?" Sky asked quietly "No. But I think I know who our culprit is"  "Do you think?.." Jessie asked looking back at me, "He would do that. He broke into my old place before" I explained "But why would he come here?" Jessie asked "To kill me, maybe" I guessed "Who are we talking about?" Sky asked "Elijah" I whispered in his ear. "That guy that beat the crap out of Jordyn" Sky asked, talking normally "SHH!" Jessie shushed "If he is here, he's here for one thing" I said "And what is that?" Sky asked "To kill me" I answered "But why would he want to kill you?" Jessie asked "For leaving. He holds grudges. And if he has one too many against you. You're dead" I explained "So he wants to kill you?" Jessie asked "JORDYN!" Elijah shouted creepily. "Yeah definitely"

"You've been here for 2 days. Why are you here?" I asked "Dude, it's Christmas" Jessie said rudely "Why don't you go celebrate it with Evan?" I asked rudely "Oh, I would never. I want to celebrate Christmas with my baby-" "STOP! I am not your "Baby girl" okay?" I yelled "Hey, hey. Come on" Jessie said "What?" I asked "Just come" He said "Oh-Okay" I stuttered.

I followed Jessie to the back of the house, far enough so that Elijah wouldn't hear us nore see us, "What, why did you pull me away like that?" I asked "Okay, listen to me" He said "Not this again, I'm fine, nothing is wrong. I-" "No, it's not that. It's.. well, him" Jessie interrupted "What do you mean by Him?" I asked "Him" Jessie gestured "What Elijah? I was dealing with it" I explained "Not just him... but." Jessie stuttered "What, tell me!" I begged "You" He stated "Me? What about me?" "It's just, you have such a long history of a great relationship and now he does this. I get that it's nothing but still. It's bothersome" Jessie explained "Are you jealous?" I asked "No- It's just-" "Oh My God! You're jealous" I exclaimed "Okay, so what if I am. So?" He asked "Why would you be jealous?" "I-I don't know" He stuttered "Is it me? Elijah?" "No, no-" "Then what is it!" I exclaimed "I don't know!" He yelled "WHY, WHY ARE YOU JEALOUS?!" "BECAUSE I'M SCARED OF LOSING YOU, OKAY!" He yelled "Losing me? To what- Elijah?" "I-I don't know, I'm just scared" Jessie explained, turning away. "Scared, scared of what?" I asked again "I'm scared that- that he's gonna lure you back into a trap that I'm not gonna be able to save you from" He explained walking away.

"No, no. Hey" I said grabbing his hand and stopping him from walking, "Look at me, Jessie, look at me" I said softly. When Jessie looked back at me I could tell there was sadness and just anger and a whole wall of emotions that he was feeling. I could tell that he was scared and confused. "Hey, hey. Jessie, listen to me. I love you so much, you don't have to worry about me or Elijah or any of it. Cause I am done with him. I hate him for all he is. He is nothing to me, okay. I. Love. You, Jessie. You, not him."  "I know, I know. I love you too. It's just- I just-" Jessie stuttered "No, no. Hey, come here, come here. I get it. But it's okay, I'm here with you and I would never, ever go back to him. Cause I would never hurt you like that" I said hugging him. 

We stood there for a solid minute just so Jessie could calm down. He was shaking, not from sadness but he was so confused. But not on what to do, but how to feel. He doesn't know if he should calm down, or be angry, or just be contempt. He was sad and scared of things that he has been worried about for a while. "Jessie, look at me" I said quietly, "What *sniff*" He said, lifting his head. "I love you," I said, "Do you wanna go back now?" I asked "Yeah, sure" He replied "Okay" I said walking away. "Wait" He said, grabbing my hand, "What, what's wrong?" I asked "Nothing, just um-" He said "Oh, sure" I said, I walked over to him and kissed him to help him calm down. "I love you too" He whispered. I chuckled and just walked back to where Elijah was.

 "Finally-" "Shut Up!" I yelled, cutting Elijah off. "Dang girl, what's your problem?" He smirked "You know what my problem is" I stated "Oh, so that's what this is about. You're pissed about something and I came here for no reason" Elijah said making no sense "What?" I asked "That made no sense" Jessie stated "Anyway, I am actually not here for either of you. I'm here for you" Elijah said pointing at me, "OF COURSE YOU ARE! WHAT ELSE IS NEW??" I yelled "Jordyn, calm down" Jessie said grabbing my hand "This is sickening" Elijah stated "What? Us? Deal with it, you bastard" I yelled "Yeah, of course you too are gross" He smirked "YOU WERE LUCKY YOU DATED ME. WAS IT GROSS THEN! HUH!" I exclaimed "Jordyn, NO!" Jessie said as I yelled at Elijah, "No, okay, no" He said softly. Jessie sat me down and just let me calm down while he talked to Elijah in another room. "Dude, what the hell?" Jessie said "What, she hates me, I'm here. Deal with it" Elijah demanded "No, you need to leave" Jessie stated "I'm not leaving here without her" Elijah said again for the 100th time "For the last time. SHE ISN'T YOUR GIRLFRIEND ANYMORE!" Jessie yelled. "Well I need to tell her something" Elijah stated "And what would that be?" Jessie asked sarcastically "That's personal" Elijah said "And I'm supposed to believe you" "Yes frankly, you are. And it is for your own good and Jordyn's that you step out of my way before I break your arm, Now Move" Elijah demanded. 

Elijah and Jessie walked back into the room and Jessie stopped Elijah when he got close enough to tell me whatever it was he had to tell me. "Okay, I actually am here to not take you, but give you something" Elijah stated "And what would that be" I asked "A gift, Christmas gift" Elijah said "What gift, I never told you what I wanted" I said "Well, this isn't something you wanted"  "What does that mean?" I asked "It means I can't give you the gift" He said "Why?" I asked "Because it's dead" "What was it, a plant?" I smirked "No,remember those terrible people that left you as a child?" He asked "My family, yeah. What about them?" I asked. Elijah just stood there staring at me, then it clicked in my head. "Oh, my..." I gasped "Merry Christmas Jordyn"