Nothing is more sad, Than the death of an illusion

"Here, you need to eat" Jessie said, grabbing me the plate he brought in, "I-I can't, I can't" I stuttered "Yes you can" He reassured me. I shook my head but he looked at me and I just did it anyway, he had made me a small vegetable plate, it was leftovers from what we made last night. I didn't have any cause I was well, Locked in my room. I had hid away from the Christmas afternoon till now, cause I just couldn't deal with this. I couldn't look outside and know that I am never gonna see my parents ever again. I was broken from everything. I slowly ate what I believed was like: green beans, carrots, corn, stuff like that. I was happy that Jessie was here, but I was still scared to leave my room. I know that sounds childish but it's true.

That night, I fell asleep kinda early, if you count midnight as early. But around 2 maybe 3am I woke up to something. I don't know what it was but I just sat up and went over to my window. And I just stood there and I listened to the wind. It was kinda windy out but I liked it. "Hmm? Jordyn, what are you doing?" Jessie said half asleep, "Nothing, just standing here" I replied. Jessie reached over and grabbed the clock to see what time it was "Jordyn, it's 3:13 in the morning" He said still waking up, "I know" I said. Jessie came over and he stood behind me before I turned around, "You feeling okay?" He asked "Yeah, just wanna take in the view" I explained "Of the front lawn?" He smirked "No, the sky, it's peaceful at night" I chuckled "Oh, so you're more interested in the sky then sleeping next to me?" He asked sarcastically "No, it's just. It helps me think. When I would write, you even noticed I would go outside and write. That is because the sound of the wind and the birds would help me think" I stated "Oh, so what if I do this" Jessie said closing the blinds, "Hey, that's not fair" I said "And why is that?" He smirked "Cause I was enjoying the view" I explained "Well, I would like to enjoy the view of waking up and seeing you in bed and not by this window" He explained "Just go back to bed. I wanna look outside" I demanded "No" He replied "Fine" I sighed "Then you're staying here with me" I stated "No, you are coming to bed with me" Jessie said pulling me away from the window, "No fair" I said "No fair" Jessie mocked "Go to bed" I said "I love you" Jessie said "I love you too"