Memory 12

February, 1998

Draco came into the view of the girl, letting his presence finally be known. His hands were down by his sides, clenching in and out of fists while cracking his fingers each time awkwardly.

Instead of reacting the way he thought she would, Pansy ran inside wrapping her arms around one of her only friends. She had many people she spoke to, but none were ever close. Being popular was not the same as having a lot of close friends. Just people who were either jealous of you and wanted to be you or people who just wanted to know you for validation from others.

Draco Malfoy was one of Pansy Parkinson's only friends.

But for some reason, he did not trust her...

Was it because she was known for doing this kind of thing, lying to get what she wanted?

If it was a lie, that was one really fucked up thing to lie about.

"Sorry. I needed a hug." She backed away and looked toward Eden.

It was now silent aside from the sounds of the rain picking up from a slight drizzle to a storm from outside the window.

"Um.. Here, I don't know if this will fit, but it's fine for the night. I have towels behind that black door, just take anyone and... The bathroom is on the left. Take your time." In Eden's hands were a few things for Pansy to put on. A sweatshirt, simple looking. It was just black. Along with that was a pair of grey sweatpants that she rarely ever wore anymore and on top of the pile was some socks. It tended to get pretty cold at night and unless Pansy wanted to wake up in the middle of the night with cold feet she would be thankful for the socks she was given.

Once Pansy was locked in the bathroom Draco immediately caught her wrist and grabbed her attention, letting go right after. "You're going to let her stay? She could be working for Voldemort... She could be trying to get her dark mark for all we know-"

"Do you think the idea has not crossed my mind? Of course I know what she could be doing, but leaving her out in the pouring rain with no home to hide in, no bed to sleep in and not a single piece of warm clothing with her would make me feel horrible. Plus do you think she just rolled around in smoke?"

"Yeah actually. Anyone can roll around in smoke and say their parents died." He rolled his eyes and started to pace back and forth as if he was making a plan in his head while looking down at his feet. "I'll stay too. Just in case anything does happen. She would probably hurt you, not me. So I'd be able to stop her."

"Be my guest. You've stayed plenty of other nights without my knowledge. Glad I get to be in on this one." Sarcasm dripped through her voice as she looked over at the clock on the wall.

2:47 am.

It was still pretty early from what she thought.

"Also we're not done our discussion from earlier. If you want to go help Potter and the rest of your friends that's fine, but I'm coming." That was his one rule...

Oh god no. Was he insane?

Eden pursed her lips and laid back down on her bed, sitting upright on the stacked pillows in front of her bed frame. "No. No you're not coming. They hate you and you hate them-"

He shook his head and smirked. "Well it's a damn good thing I'll be there for YOU and not them Abella."

There was no way she was going to be able to talk him out of this one. He was set on coming. He even had that snarky little smirk on his face when he got his way and Eden knew better than to argue with him if he had already won.