Memory 25

June, 1998

Point.

Shoot.

Kill.

It was now somewhere around 6. The sky was turning to a dark blue which only made the colours of the spells being casted glow brighter. She knew whenever someone died, whenever someone was crucioed... The screams only made the sinking feeling in her stomach so much worse.

Eden was sitting in the tiny hospital tent set up right outside of the courtyard.

"You'll be fine." Hermione put her wand down, seeing that the cut on her arm was completely gone, no trace of it whatsoever. "How is it out there?"

"Not looking good... Really not looking good... I have yet to see Voldemort. I don't have the slightest clue where he's fighting... At one point I had three guys on me. Fred stepped in and helped me-"

A loud, horrifying scream left another healers mouth as she looked out at the courtyard. "He's there! Voldemort is with Harry!"

Eden's heart dropped to her toes and the whole world felt like it was slowing down.

"He's holding someone! Jesus it's one of the twins-"

Both Hermione and Eden rushed over to the opening in the tent to see what she was speaking about.

There he was, dropping one of the twins bodies onto the floor and pointing his wand toward Harry.

Eden took off to be closer, she needed to hear what happened, she needed to be there when this was over...

"Eden stop! Stay back with me!" Hermione grabbed her arm and pulled her backward. "Do not run in the middle I swear..! Do not-"

"I know!"

They stopped by the entrance of the courtyard along with many others and Eden's heart broke 15 times more when she saw that it was Fred laying on the floor. Her hand reached backward toward her friends wrists and she clenched it tightly.

"Well well... Harry Potter."

Eden was still caught up on the fact that it was Fred who was dead on the floor.

Her best friend.

The only person who she could be completely comfortable around without facing judgement. The guy who told her jokes, made her laugh, let her cry when she was upset, even went as far as to travel to Italy for a performance of her's....

He was dead.

The thing that she was most choked up about was that she did not even get to say goodbye. Her hands were shaking, lip quivering and her knee's almost gave out at the sight.

"You held a long fight... And considering you did it almost completely alone at the age of 18, I have to give you credit."

"Stop the witty banter Tom."

"Tom?" The old man laughed, his hand reaching for the grip of his wand. "I was planning on keeping you alive, watching all for friends die. Your precious soulmate, but because of that remark... I think I'll just kill you now?"

Death Eaters on the side of Voldemort laughed.

They were all unmasked now. She supposed they did it because now that Voldemort had the win in the bag, they had no need to hide their identities.

In the crowd of all of them, Eden searched and found the only stone faced man who was staring right back at her. His blue eyes bluer than ever and his skin pale as snow.