Chapter 20: The Next Day

The next morning Xavier looking all over the place but could not find Jessie. "Babe?" He looked up at the fridge and saw the note. "Tried to wake you, you were sleeping hard. I was going to be late, but I know I'll see you soon. Love Jessie." HE couldn't believe he slept that hard. Nor could he believe she was able to get up that early, so much for wishful thinking of she would have taken the day off, but that wasn't like her. He gathered the rest of his things to head to the ring, after he went to the café. Walking up to the café the other four guys must have read his mind they all looked at each other. "How she doing man?" Axel asked. "Don't know she took off before I got up apparently I slept so hard she couldn't get me up." Xavier said rubbing his arm. Standing straight up stretching a little feeling his back.

"Damn man weren't tired or anything were ya." Jaxon said with a chuckle. They opened the door. Only in their true fashion except Lexi was in the back rocking an apron and flour in her hair and some of her clothes, singing and rocking out. Jessie singing like a angelic Rockstar. "Don't you know I'm still standing, better than I ever did. Looking like a true survivor. Feeling like a little kid. Ya I'm still standing after all this time. Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind. I'm still standing." Jessie sang. Eric, and Lexi in unison. ""Ya, ya , ya." Breaking out laughing with each other even the two extra employees in the back spinning each other around. "Oh, people." The younger man said in humorous tone.

"Good morning, good looking." Eric said coming around with a tray full of breakfast sandwiches, scones, muffins, and a couple of cream horns. Jessie came with a tray full of drinks. Xavier pulled her into his lap. Noticing she had covered up her face in cover up this morning, she didn't wear make up that often, she never cared for it; but when she did she was still a knock out. "Thought we talked, about you skipping out on me. How you feeling today baby?" He asked holding her close but making her look at him. "I'm great. Seriously I'm fine. I just need to keep on doing me honey." She said quietly just between them. "I know baby." The door swinging open wasn't even as loud as the voice of who was behind it.

"Where the hell is my baby!" A very angry man hollered. Xavier and the others slummed down a little bit. They knew they were in trouble. "Does anyone want to tell me why Gabe and I get a phone call from Armando god damn Moretti asking how my baby girl's face is looking since his damn boy had to rip some damn drunkard off her?" Callan said in angrily calm tone. Gabe looking like he was going to kill all of them. "I understand her not calling me, hell I can understand Xavier not calling me, because he did manage to text me last night to call him this morning. What about you other dip nuts?" Gabe asked the other guys smacking Axel behind the head. "Daddy, I'm fine really." "It's not ok. It's never going to be ok to me for a man to put his hands on any woman let alone my daughter." Callan said in a growl. "Really though. I'm fine it could have been a lot worse but it wasn't I'm just, I want to move past it and I was going to call you on my lunch break I swear. I didn't think Dimitri would beat me to it." Jessie mumbled the last part.

"Ok, I just wanted to check on you. See you myself." He said taking his hand and holding her face up to him, noticing the make up, making him grow even angrier. HE just let out a loud sigh. There was nothing he could do, and he let out his rant. Looking at Gabe who took a deep breath, looking back with a nod. Gabe came up and gave her a hug and kiss on the forehead. "We got to run. Just checking up on you kiddos." Gabe said. "Love you bunches love bug." Cal said a kiss on her forehead. Lexi handing them their drinks on the way out. Cal stopped looking at her. "I added the damn sugar this time, daddy Cal. One time, one damn time never going to live it down." She said walking over to kiss Axel.

"Well don't you look festive. What did the office say when you said you weren't coming in." Axel asked smacking her lightly on the butt. "Oh, ya. Guess I should call them huh?" Lexi said pulling out her phone. Considering she's the main boss at the firm she called her secretary Dean Peterson. "Lexi, where are you?" "What do you mean Dean, don't you think the real question is where are you?" "Lexi the office just opened for us, you have no clients, no court dates today. Are you coming in?" "Yes I am coming in but only for a couple hours. I'm at Ms. Ellies." "Please bring me a latte, and a muffin." Dean practically begged. "Fine. I'll be seeing you soon." Lexi said shaking her self off. "I need a milky way latte and two of any muffins, and oh hey Noah could you get me a couple tickets to your guys next fight?" "How many were you looking for, and for when?" "The next fight nigh there at home field I guess. I need about twelve. Got a bunch of fan boys begging like a damn dog for a bone. I also need you guys to sign these I made these up and bought frames for them."