Chapter Ten: Day

They had gone to bed at around one in the morning and Zoey never got an answer to her question, which was fine.
She wholeheartedly understood that figuring out something as complex as sexuality took time.

It was almost ten-forty-five in the morning when the two girls started to wake up.
Zoey opened her eyes and slowly turned to look at Erin, who was already awake.

She smiled slightly at the sight of Erin's bed-head. Her friend's bangs had been pushed out of her face in a few different directions.
Zoey honestly thought that Erin's bed-head looked really cute.
She thought that all of Erin looked really cute.

"G' morning." Erin yawned, while rubbing her eyes.
"Morning." Zoey said tiredly.

They eventually stumbled into the kitchen for breakfast.

Zoey saw her brother playing in the living room. He looked up at her and Erin and cheerfully exclaimed,
"Good morning, sleepyhead!"
"Good morning, bud." She said to him, smiling softly.

She walked over to the cabinet and pulled out a mug. She put it on the counter and pulled out the coffee pot, which had a bit of leftover coffee in it from when her mom brewed it earlier that morning.
"Do you want a cup?" She asked Erin.
"No, thank you."

After cooking a few frozen waffles in the toaster, they sat down for breakfast.

Breakfast was calm and quiet.