Chapter 44

Avix's Point of view

I honestly have no choice. I could leave Alastor and (Y/n) to do whatever they want but my sister is dead serious looking for her. I mean, I wouldn't blame her, (Y/n)'s one of her friends and she has a valid reason to look for her with no rest. But it instantly triggered my flight or fight response when I heard her last night on her phone call. She's dead serious about killing Alastor. This is off the top, she has wasted all her money to look for (Y/n). Talk about a lucky girl. But I swear, she has now wasted half a million dollars just to hire someone to snipe or assassinate Alastor and save (Y/n). This is going crazy, then again, if you're a demon and connected with unlimited money, then normal things would go bizarre at any minute. I also made sure that she won't know what I'm about to do, I have a hunch that she already knows that Alastor has made a deal with me and now I'm helping the guy. Avis might look like a complete idiot, but I swear, she's much smarter and creative than Lucifer.

"Where are we going?" Alastor asked me as he sat in the backseat of the van.

I sigh in response as I display a fake smile, "France dude, do you know how to speak French?" I asked him as I display a smirk this time after I said my words.

"Why are you still helping me?" He asked.

I was taken back honestly. Where is the cunning and smirking Alastor that I know before? He usually has something say smart back at me, or be ignorant. I'm not used to seeing him this... dawn, or maybe even unhinged. He's smiling, I've gotta say that, but that smile shows regret and sadness, it's honestly sickening. I pity this man for going through so much. Tch, so much for being a momma's boy.

"I made a deal with you, honestly. But that's just not it, dude. I'm helping you cause I don't want to make it easy for you. Me letting you get killed would mean that I'm going easy on you. Let's just say that letting you live for a little longer would mean that I'm letting someone torture you. And didn't Tyrone tell you to protect (Y/n)," I paused as I look at him and giving him a sweet smile, He just stared at me as if I'm in my demon form, "You don't want to break a dead man's promise, right? That's a taboo man!" I said as I hid the dark information with a laugh.

"Thanks for reminding me." He said sarcastically as his smile turned small as he stared over at the unconscious state of (Y/n).

Silence envelopes the whole van as the radio plays. I'm not used to this quiet atmosphere that I'm getting, it's somewhat making me sick also. Siiiigh, so much for being a fucking extrovert that I am.

"Also, how's your twin?" Alastor asked.

I look back at him and raised a brow, he's not looking at me but still looking at (Y/n) rather. I decided not to answer his question, "Do you love (Y/n)?" I asked as I watched his eyes widened a bit, in seconds, he scoffs and chuckles as he takes a look back at me.

"I questioned first." He said as he tries to sound cheerful, but then, it just sounded that he's tired.

I smirked at him, "I questioned second." I said with a smug look.

I expected him to give up on how tired he sounds right now, but then he gave me the same smirk that I gave him, "First come first serve." He said, also giving me a smug look.

I sigh and rolled my eyes, "Got me there. To answer your question," I paused as I took a deep breath, "I'm not going to sugarcoat this," I whispered as I take my gaze back at him, "Avis is dead serious about killing you." I said to him as my cheerful voice dropped into a serious one. I sometimes hate pretending but it's a good thing that I'm a sorta good actor. I might audition in America's got talent, Lmao.

"I expected that," Alastor said with a smile. Ew, it's disgusting how much he can fake his famous smile. It's weird that I hate seeing fake smiles considering I'm a demon, weird.