CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER 16

MEANWHILE EMILY HART

I didn't feel too good today, so I decided to return back home early from work. I was on my phone talking to Eth.

"How you doing?" He asked.

"Good. I am going back home, I don't feel good."

"What happened?"

"Don't know, my head hurts."

"Take some medicine when you return, you need some rest." He said.

"I will. By the way Eth I have something to tell you." I said all excited.

"What?"

"Umm... Dante dropped me last night to the mansion."

"Okay. And?"

"How can you be so calm? Don't you feel strange? You're behaving like it's so normal."

"Tell me what happened after that?" He asked impatiently.

"He apologized to me and then he was saying many things I couldn't get them properly."

"That's nice that he finally apologized."

"Will you tell me something truthfully?" I asked Eth biting my lip.

"Yeah."

"What is it that you guys are not telling me? I know there is something and I am damn sure Dante told you about it. Last night Dante looked really worried."

I heard him sigh "I can't tell you Em. The only thing I can tell you right now is that be careful and anything happens just call Dante."

"You know he says the same thing these days. He has said this to me at least 5 times in a day."

He chuckled "Em please just listen to him and just don't dig too much into the matter. It won't be good."

"Why would you say that?"

"It's dangerous Em."

"Eth."

"Please just don't do something stupid." Eth too sounded worried.

I hummed. "Bye Eth. I'll call you later."

"Bye, take care."

Hanging up, I saw I finally reached the mansion, getting out of the car I made my way inside.

I went to my room, after taking a shower and changing into something comfortable. I laid on the bed, but my head was still hurting so I decided to ask Amanda for some medicine. Maybe then I'll be able to sleep peacefully.

I made my way towards her room. The door was slightly opened, I could hear Amanda talking to someone on phone.

"Don't you dare do anything like that." She sounded angry.

The other person said something to which she replied "I'm trying. I am trying to get the property in my name as fast as possible but Andrew doesn't trust me till now."

Em, baby it's really bad eavesdropping.

Just go in and ask her for the medicines. I was about to open the door and go inside when again she said "You too were involved in Amaya's murder Logan it was not just me, we both killed her, stop threatening me."

I froze in my place.

What the fuck!?

Murder?

Amanda killed Aunty?

No. That's not possible.

"Dante doesn't know anything about this, don't you dare open your mouth in front of him if he reaches you or you'll be the next one."