CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

CHAPTER 25

EMILY HART

The next day when I came downstairs carefully. Why carefully?

Ha! Because after what he said last night I know if he comes in front of me my face will turn red as tomato. So, the best thing to do right now is to avoid him.

When I reached the kitchen, there was no sign of Dante... Hell yeah!

I smirked inwardly.

I started searching in the refrigerator and to my surprise there was food in it, not like last night.

Cooking and serving eggs and bacon in two plates I sat on the chair fighting with my thoughts whether to call him or not. Few minutes later Dante came by himself, he smiled at me.

"Morning." He said casually like nothing happened last night.

"Good morning." I replied trying to be normal.

"Slept well?" He asked.

"Yeah."

When he saw the breakfast, his brows furrowed "You didn't have to do it, the maid would've been here in an hour."

I shrugged.

He took a seat beside me, the memories of last night played in my mind I can feel my cheeks burning up.

Em baby, calm down. Please just calm down. It wasn't the first time you guys kissed.

"By the way, why were you outside?" I asked trying to get my attention off the kiss thing.

"My driver went to the nearby shops, to bring few things so I was just telling him what more do we need."

"Did you ask him to get some clothes for me?" I asked.

He didn't look at me he concentrated on his food "Why do you need clothes? You are wearing mine."

I was confused. Like totally. Of course I need clothes your t-shirts don't cover my legs and its really uncomfortable, especially when you are around.

Not saying anything I went back on eating I can feel his heated gaze on me.

Now why is he staring?

Finally tearing his gaze from me he muttered in a low voice "You are really a distraction to me." But enough for me to hear.

After a good 2 minutes of an awkward silence I asked "What are you gonna do when Uncle comes back?"

Taking a bite of the egg he asked "What do you mean?"

I shrugged "He doesn't know anything about Amanda till now, you have to tell him."

"I know. I will tell him as soon as he returns. I know he'll feel bad but as far as I know he never loved her so it won't do much harm."

"She was his wife Dante."

"I know, but they didn't have any relationship like a proper husband and wife should have."

I nodded.

"I even have to meet Amanda." He said suddenly.

That took my attention.

"Why? Why do you have to meet her?" I asked. I was a bit tensed.

I don't want him to even go near that woman she's too dangerous.

"Need to talk to her, to make few things clear."

"But why Dante, everything is sorted now what more do you need to clear?"