CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

CHAPTER 29

EMILY HART

After I came back home, I was welcomed with a smiling face. There was a huge grin on Dad's face, I went to him and sat beside him on the couch.

"Why so happy?" I asked.

"Am not." He argued.

"Really? Not? Then what about that grin I can see."

"You wanna know?"

I nodded.

"We're gonna have a dinner tonight with Andrew."

"So that grin was for that reason? You want me to really believe that?" I asked eyeing him suspiciously.

"Okay fine, we'll be having few drinks when Eth isn't around. Andrew is gonna bring some tonight."

"Dad didn't the doctor ask you not to drink anymore? You're not drinking Dad."

"Come on Em, it's been 6 months I last had a drink with my friend. And poor Andrew he's hurt someone has to give him company."

I glared at him "Stop fooling me."

"Em, just few drinks I promise I'll not have more than 3."

"Only 3." I warned.

"Only."

"If you have even one extra sip we're not talking ever."

"You being really scary." Dad said clutching his chest.

"Dad I am serious."

"Okay okay."

I nodded.

"By the way they'll be here by 8." Dad said making me turn to him in confusion.

"They?"

"Yeah, Dante and Andrew."

Again Dante. Can't my life for once be Dante free?

Ugh!

I got up from the couch and said "I'm going to my room."

"Yeah. Come down at 8."

I nodded and went back to my room. As soon as I reached my room my phone rang. Taking it out from my clutch I saw it was Cole.

"Hey." He sounded off.

"Dude we just met few minutes ago. Why are you calling me?"

"I forgot to be a good friend back at the café."

"What?"

"You're hurt, right? I have a plan."

"Cole I'm not hurt. I'm fine."

"No you're not fine. Now shut up and listen to me don't spoil my mood." I waited for him to continue "How about we go to his place and kick his ass? Sounds good right?"

I chuckled "You done? Now please tell me the reason why you called other than telling me this great plan of kicking his ass."

"Oh yeah I completely forgot about that. These few days I will be busy as hell. That asshole boss of mine has given loads of works to me."

I laughed.

"So I called you now because I am free right now, maybe we'll not be able to meet for few days."

"That's not a problem. I'll let you know all the further adventures of my life later once when you are done."

He chuckled from the other side "Surely I'd love to know your life's adventures."