CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

CHAPTER 27

EMILY HART

The next morning, when we were on our way to the company Dad said he needs to stop by the 'AR Corporation' to talk to Dante about few things. When Dad said that my heart stopped for a moment, I don't want to see his face. I know if I do, I'll breakdown. I am not strong enough to face the situations but I can't tell Dad about it.

However strong I try to be from outside and show that I don't care, the truth is it does hurt.

On reaching Dante's company I remained seated in the car.

Dad said "Let's go Em."

I looked at him trying to find some reason not to go inside "Uh- Dad can I sit in the car please? I just don't feel well."

"You okay, right?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah I'm fine, just headache."

"Is it hurting too much?"

"No Dad, I'm good."

"Okay, you stay here I'll be quick."

I nodded.

After Dad went in, I sighed in relief and got out of the car.

It's the best for both of us, neither he will see me nor I have to face him. My phone dinged.

I looked at it, to see a message from Cole.

Cole:
Cafe today?

Me:
Cool.

Cole:
7 pm sharp.

I rolled my eyes.

Me:
You need to be the one on time, I am always punctual.

Cole:
Okay, okay....

Keeping my phone back in my pocket I was looking around when my eyes stopped on that one person. The person whom I was trying to avoid, he stood right in front of me with his eyes fixed on me.

Great! Just fucking great! I lied to Dad just to avoid him and here he is standing right in front of me. I thought if we don't see each other we can cause less pain to each other but seems like Jesus hates me.

I can see something in those pair of hazel eyes.... guilt? But soon his eyes turned to the cold ones again.

I don't know if what I saw was really there in his eyes... maybe not.

He made his way towards me, his eyes not leaving me even once. "Emily." He stopped when I looked away pretending like he's not even here.

Folding my arms over my chest I looked everywhere but him.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

I didn't reply.

"Emily." He called me in a soft voice.

No reply again.

Just stop it Dante, go away. I'm not gonna talk to you.

I can feel his gaze fixed on me.

"Emily I'm talking to you."

I finally looked at him "I think you shouldn't waste your precious time on someone as boring as me, you have more exciting things to do in life."

Saying that I got inside the car. He stood in his place in disbelief with jaw clenched, anger was purely visible on his face.

He cursed in a low voice then made his way inside the company.