thirteen

Geonna POV

Today was Sunday..which meant church. My sister and her family were up getting dressed so I decided to as well. I folded up my blanket and laid the pillow on the floor. I propped the air mattress up on the wall cause I wasn't sure of what they wanted me to do with that. I go in my bag and pull out a loose black dress and sandals. I also look for panties and bra while in there.
Alisha: good morning sis
Me: morning
Alisha: you okay to go to church?
Me: yea..nothing a little makeup can't hide
Alisha: you okay ?
Me: I will be
Alisha: when you going to get ya phone fixed?
Me: ain't no fix..I might just have to get another one
Alisha: you got enough money for that?
Me: not really..between school, rent, now a phone..I really don't but I'll be okay
Alisha: why you never asked Domonique for some?
Me: you know one thing mama always taught us growing up was to never depend on a man for anything
Alisha: I understand but my fiancé supports me in whatever.
Me: okay and that's the difference
Alisha: but what ab-
Me: can we stop with the 20 questions? I just want to get up and get dressed for church.
Alisha: okay
Me: thanks.
I get up and grab all my stuff and go into the bathroom. I lock the door and pee first then start my shower water. While waiting..I decide to do my skin care routine and brush my teeth. I then get into the shower and stay in about 20 minutes. I get out and wrap my towel around me. I then hear a knock on the door.
Alisha: we finna go..and I advise you to hurry as well, you know how mama is
Me: okay
Alisha: make sure you lock up when you leave
I dry off and then put on my panties and bra first. I then lotion my legs and put on my deodorant and finally slip on my dress. I slick my hair up into a bun and decided to wear it like that. I got into the living room and grab my perfume and spray myself down. I then decide to do a quick makeup look then grab my purse, lock up her house and leave out. The church was only about 10-15 minutes away from her apartment so I got there quickly. I found a parking space and went inside and found my mama in the first row as always. I walk up to her and ask for some candy cause she always got some in her pocket
Me: hey mama
Mama: hey baby.
Me: you got some candy?
Mama: of course
She reaches into her purse and gives me a couple pieces.
Mama: here you go
Me: thanks
Mama: where is Domonique?
I hear the organ start playing which means service is about to start. I silently say thank you Lord.
Me: I'll tell you later..I'm going to my seat
Mama: oh okay
I quickly leave and go find a seat beside Alisha and enjoy service.

Service ended. I would go speak to my pastor but it was too many people around him. I grabbed my purse and Bible and leave out of church towards my car. When I get to my car, I crank it up to let the AC flow. I then decide to head to AT&T which really wasn't that far away. When I got there I grabbed my phone and head towards the door.
AT&T worker: hey I'm Leah how are you?
Me: I'm alright. In need of a new phone
Leah: may I see it?
I hand her the phone.
Leah: wow, may I ask how this happened
Me: I dropped it
Leah: okay okay, so what kinda phone are you looking for?
Me: since that is an XR, I prefer the same phone or an 11
Leah: okay, let me go check and see if we have any in store
She leaves and goes towards the back and I look around waiting for her. I finally see her turn around the corner.
Leah: well we are all out of XR but we do have the 12 pro in store
Me: y'all don't just have an 11?
Leah: no ma'am, if we order the 11 it won't be back until February and the XR won't be back until the end of January.
Me: well, I guess I will have to take the 12 pro then
Leah: yes ma'am. Let me go get it from the back for you.
She walks away and I sigh and roll my eyes. These people know they love they commission! I walk to the side where they had cases and screen protectors. I grabbed a cute pink butterfly case and it was $50. Nevermind. I put it back in its original place.
Leah: okay. Here you go. Now would you like to check out our cases and screen protectors for the phone while you are here?
Me: I checked already. They are too expensive for me!
Leah: yea I'm sorry. So I can try to recover some of your old stuff from this phone over to the 12 but it's actually going to be kind of hard. Is there anything you would like to keep specifically.
Me: no. Just make the 12 a complete new phone. I have mostly everything backed up into the cloud. Also change the number as well.
Leah: okay well here you go. Your total today is 1160.83. Would you like to pay in card or cash?
Me: card
Leah: okay. You can finish putting in all of your information while I go pay.
She walks away and I sigh lowly. That was honestly almost all the money I had on my card. I say lowly fuck. I finish typing in all my information and I have to make sure to give others my new phone number as well. Nobody even knows where I'm at so I should hurry and get back home before they begin to do to much. I then see Leah head back my way.
Leah: okay, we got you all set!! Thank you so much for coming in today. Be extra careful with your new phone especially since you have no case on it. Come back if you any problems!
Me: thanks.
I grab all my stuff and walk back to my car. Once I'm in, I yank off my mask and put on the AC. I love being cold. I back out and head back to my mama house about 30 minutes away.

When I get back home, I see my uncle and aunties car. This only meant my mama was cooking Sunday dinner. I hope she was cooking stuff I liked. I get out my car and grab my phone and head to the door. The minute I opened the door, I seen the 2 people I dreaded to see the most right now. Domonique and Jakyah.