decorations

"REEEIIIIII, WHY AM I STUCK SHOPPING FOR THE DECORATIONS???" Aanya whined on the phone, strutting through the party shop that specialized in event decor and items

"REEEIIIIII, WHY AM I STUCK SHOPPING FOR THE DECORATIONS???" Aanya whined on the phone, strutting through the party shop that specialized in event decor and items. "Akira is the one who should be doing thiiiiiis."

"Quit ya whining! Akira went to pick up the cake! Now chop chop! We only have till tonight! The gang can't keep y/n distracted forever!"

With that, the vice president hung up on Aanya, making him sigh sadly. "She better not complain if I buy ugly decorations!" He hissed to himself, shoving his phone into his skirt pocket.

As he was turning the aisle corner, he nearly bumped into two boys, him taking a step back before they could collide.

"Oh. Aanya! Hey!"

"Chifuyu! Nice to see ya!" Aanya perked up. "You too, Baji!"

"Mm."

"What are you doing here, Chif?"

"My mom is throwing some bachorlette party for a friend, and asked us to pick out some stores with good decorations...And you?"

"We're throwing a surprise party for the boss!!" Aanya threw up a peace sign by his eye, sticking out his tongue cutely.

"The boss? You mean y/n?" Chifuyu asked for clarification. "How come?"

"You don't know? It's her 16th birthday, today!"

"Really?" Both Baji and Chifuyu gasped.

"Yeah. I thought Rei was gonna tell you guys to come over, since y/n likes you all so much...I guess not..." He suddenly slapped his hands over his mouth. "I don't think I was supposed to tell you!! Whoopsie!!"

"I had no idea!" Chifuyu exclaimed. "Hey, why don't we help you pick out decorations? Though I don't want to feel the wrath of Rei's fists again, we should still invite the other guys so y/n can see us all together, don't you think?"

"Thats a fantastic idea, Chif!!" Aanya twirled around, skipping down the aisle in search for decor. "Just three dudes hanging out!!"

"Three?...Hey, Chifuyu, how are you so close with her?" Baji whispered suspiciously, them trailing far behind Aanya.

"Aanya? Oh, he's in my math class."

"Huh...Wait, he?"

"WHAT ARE THEY DOING HERE?!?!" Rei yelled as she jumped up from y/n's couch, Akira peeking her head out of the bathroom to see who was at the front door

It was Aanya, along with the rest of the Toman boys that they hung out with the most. He skipped inside with bags full of decorations, smiling. "I happened to run into them and spilled our little secret! Oopsie daisie!"

"You did it on purpose, you sly cat." Akira grinned, Aanya jumping onto the couch and kicking up his legs onto the coffee table.

"Maaaaybe!"

"Aw cmon Rei!!" Mikey let himself inside the apartment, looking around the place. "Don't be like that! We just wanna celebrate the kids' 16th together!!"

"Where is the birthday girl, anyway?" Mitsuya asked politely, slipping off his shoes by the door.

"Our gang is keeping her busy." Akira spoke formally, taking a sip of her tea from one of y/n's porcelain cups. "She should be back by nightfall. We have all afternoon to make the preparations."

"I DIDN'T SAY YOU ALL COULD COME IN!!" Rei growled.

The rest of the boys followed behind Mitsuya, taking off their shoes by the entrance. While Chifuyu was taking off his sneakers, he looked up to notice one of the room doors closed. It was the same door that had the red dresser inside, with the picture of the unknown woman on top it.

"...Its closed today." Chifuyu murmured.

Rei overheard him, her turning to see what he was looking at. "...What are you talkin' about, Goldilocks?"

"...That room. What's inside it?" He asked, pointing to the farthest door.

Aanya and Akira both paused their conversation, and the Toman boys also turned their attention to Rei and Chifuyu.

Rei's eyes narrowed as she walked over towards the door, waving for the boys to follow her. They all glanced at each other, before cautiously following Rei into the room. The red shelf was revealed, a photo of a young woman displayed in a picture frame. "...It's her mom's shrine..."

The boys gasped. "Wait, her mom's dead?" Nahoya asked.

Draken walked further inside, noticing an open journal sitting by the flowers and photo. On the paper was a small paragraph. His eyes quickly read it, before he felt his heart drop to his feet.

Hi Mom! Today, I spent the day with my new friends Takemichi and Draken! Draken was fixing my motorcycle for me! He's very kind.

He reminds me of dad. He's comforting to be around. Even Draken's real name sounds like Fathers.

Anyway, he asked me to say hi to you! So, hey from Draken!!

It was a diary, in which y/n wrote to her mother.

She...

"Tell your parents I said hello!" He shouted over his loud engine.

Y/n stopped halfway up the steps after his final farewell, keeping her back to Draken. He noticed her pause, squinting through the dark of the night with question as to why she wasn't returning to her home.

She then turned over her shoulder to smile to him. "Okay, I will!"

She actually told her hello for me...

Akira lifted one of her pierced brows, still sitting on the couch. "She hasn't told any of you?"

"Can you be surprised? She neeeeeeveeerrrr talks about herself!!" Aanya whined, falling to the side and placing his head on Akira's thighs.

"So you don't know anything about y/n, huh?" Rei sighed, taking a seat at the kitchen table. "Not why she scams people, about her family, nothing? And you call yourself her friends? Pathetic."

"You little-" Baji snarled.

"Listen, you-" Nahoya punched his fist into his hand. Draken grabbed both of them by the shoulder, stopping them.

"So there's a reason why she scams people?" Takemichi asked, taking a seat in front of Rei.

She paused for a moment, before letting out a long exhale. "...Fine...Take a fucking seat, or stand, I don't care...If she's not gonna tell you about herself,

we will."