promise

play the song above to add to the mood!

5 days later

"Y/N!" Baji's mother gleamed as she opened the front door, stepping out of the way to allow her inside.

Y/n bowed her head, before entering the foyer and taking off her shoes. "Sorry for coming so late at night. I was gathering all my courage to even come here."

"Aw don't be sorry! You aren't the only one!" She smiled, walking towards the kitchen to prepare hot tea.

I'm not the only one??

"Go ahead and let yourself in his room. I'll prepare you guys a light dinner!" She exclaimed, grabbing a nearby apron.

Y/n's brows knitted together as she confusingly walked towards Baji's bedroom. 'You guys'?

She creaked open the door, peeking her head inside. Sitting on the edge of Baji's bed,

was Chifuyu.

He turned to y/n with wide eyes. "...Y/n?"

"...O-Oh, sorry. I didn't know you...-"

"It's fine. I wouldn't mind some company anyway." Chifuyu scooted over, patting the side of the mattress.

Y/n forced a half smile, closing the door behind her and taking a seat beside him. They both turned to look out Baji's window, which gave a view of a grand oak tree, it's leaves a bright orange and yellow. The cold night wind blew through the open crack in the window, as it was opened just a little to allow some fresh air inside.

The two of them sat in silence for a while, not because they had nothing to say, but because they wanted to pay their respects to their lost friend.

"...How..."

Y/n heard the boy mutter, her turning to see that he was quietly crying while looking outside.

"...How...do you deal with this, y/n?...You've lost...so many people close to you...How are you not completely shattered??...I want to just scream and cry from losing one of my best friends...How are you so composed?" He whispered, bringing his hands to his face to hide his expressions of grief.

Y/n felt her heart pinch a little. "...I am shattered...Believe me. You won't ever get over this...I know I won't...And I only knew him for 2 months..."

Chifuyu's cries grew a little louder, y/n wrapping her arms around him and pulling him into a hug. "...The best thing to do...is to let it out." She smiled as she patted his back, allowing him to cry as loud as he could.