119. compromise

horse is calling...

KEEHO
"hey!"

JIUNG
"what's up?"

KEEHO
"nothing, just wanted to hear your voice."

JIUNG
"it's three in the morning, dumbass, you'd never give up your sleep like that just to hear my voice."

KEEHO
"okay, fine. you got me! i wanted to talk about something."

JIUNG
"okay...should i be nervous?"

KEEHO
"nope, not at all."

JIUNG
"oh, good. so it has nothing to do with yesterday."

KEEHO
"wait, what did you think i was going to say?"

JIUNG
"i don't know, that you weren't comfortable with yesterday and you decided you were going to break up with us?"

KEEHO
"that's stupid."

JIUNG
"i know. i was just scared."

KEEHO
"but it does have something to do with yesterday, just...i guess you could say it's the opposite of breaking up?"

JIUNG
"no way. you are not proposing to us, we're dating a literal minor."

KEEHO
"that's not what i meant! but...does this mean marriage to us is in the books for you?"

JIUNG
"back on topic! just tell me what you were going to say, i'm getting nervous."

KEEHO
"okay, mister my love language is acts of service and i want my future significant other to propose to me in a special way."

JIUNG
"fuck- ouch- i should've never taken that test."

KEEHO
"it's important for people in a relationship to be aware of each others' needs and desires! but back to what i was calling you for."

JIUNG
"yeah, please get the fuck on with it."

KEEHO
"i just wanted to talk about the way theo was acting yesterday."

JIUNG
"oh? how so? i didn't notice anything out of the blue."

KEEHO
"exactly. that was our first official date that wasn't just us pretending to be on a double date, and he seemed super comfortable with it! so i was just thinking....do you think he'll be fine with us being more open about this four people thing we have going on?"

JIUNG
"it's called a polyamorous relationship, and shouldn't you be talking to him about this?"

KEEHO
"well...that's the thing. i'm worried. i've talked to intak, and he says he'd love to try, even would prefer to be more open about us. but what if i ask theo about it, and he just closes off like he did before? we've come so far, i don't want that to happen."

JIUNG
"then wait. if you really care about him and are willing to make it work, just wait. it won't affect our relationship in the long run, so why rush things? keep it going at his pace."

KEEHO
"well, yeah. but what about my needs? it's important to me for things to be open and not secretive like this, i just feel like that makes for a healthier relationship."

JIUNG
"so you're saying this isn't a healthy relationship."

KEEHO
"that's not what i meant. i'm saying that the longer we keep up with this pretending, the more i feel afraid that this is just temporary. if he doesn't want to tell people about us, does that mean he doesn't think we'll last long enough for that to matter?"

JIUNG
"you know that's not his issue."

KEEHO
"i do, but it makes me uneasy."

JIUNG
"don't you think that's your problem to deal with? learn how to trust him, for one."

KEEHO
"aren't relationships all about compromise? why should i give up my mental wellbeing for his? shouldn't we try to work things out so both ends are happiest?"

JIUNG
"by what, making him do the one thing that's against the boundaries he's set? all he asked was for us to wait for him to feel comfortable enough, and you're still not satisfied?"

KEEHO
"it's not just me, intak feels the same way. he just doesn't want to make theo feel pressurised."

JIUNG
"exactly! that's exactly the mindset you should be taking on! god..."

KEEHO
"don't you see that i'm feeling pressurised to keep things a secret this way? i share everything with my family and it hurts not being able to talk to them about you guys and how much all of you mean to me."

JIUNG
"what do you want me to do about it?"

KEEHO
"i just hoped you'd understand, but clearly i hoped for too much."

JIUNG
"you know, usually relationships don't work out when the people involved have clashing interests."

KEEHO
"oh, so you're saying we're not gonna work out then?"

JIUNG
"all i'm saying is, don't be too surprised when things don't go the way we want it to in the future. for now it's all fun and games, but anything involving emotions will turn messy."

KEEHO
"why are we even trying at this point, then?"

JIUNG
"you're right, maybe we shouldn't."

KEEHO
"wait, what do you mean by that?"

KEEHO
"dude, don't do this."

KEEHO
"jiung."

rat hung up.

xx

YALL IM SORRY ABOUT THIS CHAPTER IT HAD TO BE DONE

anyways pls check my message board!!!!!!! 🥺 it would mean a lot to me if those of you who have twt could check out my au!!! <3