26. You're mine.

A week had past and Christmas was right around the corner. Which meant it was also Sophie's birthday. She always liked to do something big on her birthday, not like me who usually spent it alone or with a few friends. Every year she had this big party at her place. And every year it was something different.

Last year she had a costume party. She dressed up as some kind of sexy nurse I guess. And she made me dress up as the patient. She literally made me sit in a wheelchair and have a bandage on my head. I looked ridiculous.

I had offered her to help prepare for the party for this year, but she wouldn't let me. She wanted it to be as big of a surprise for me as it was for everyone else. The only thing she told me was to look fabulous and wear a mask.

I was wearing a long black dress with a split at the right side. It was sleeveless with only two thin black straps holding it up. I really liked how it looked, plus it was comfortable. I paired it with some black heels I found in my closet. The mask I was wearing was also black. My hair was hanging loose, just how I liked it.

Carlos was picking me up. He should be outside any minute now. I looked out my window and there his car was.

I hurried outside and made sure to lock the door behind me. I got into his car and his eyes went wide as he saw me. "I hope that look means I am doing something right." I said and buckled my seatbelt.

"Something right? You're beautiful." He said not being able to take his eyes off me. "Well drive. I don't want to be late." I said at last, and he did.

When we reached Sophie's place I could hear music from outside. She lived with her parents, but I doubt they where here now. Her house was big, very big. At least the basement. I guessed that was were the party would take place.

Sophie wasn't really one of the popular girls in school, but still everyone knew her. And everyone came to her parties.

We got inside and just as all her other parties we got stopped in the doorway. "Choose a color. Red means taken, Yellow means talking to someone and green means single." A man said to us. She always had this at her parties, that way it's easier to avoid cheating and conflicts.

I grabbed a green bracelet and so did Carlos. As we entered it was already crowded. I was looking for Sophie, but it's impossible to recognize anyone when they're wearing masks. Carlos was wearing a green mask. It fit well with his green suit.

I walked downstairs to the basement and there was were the part was mainly set. It was kinda like masquerade ball, but the music wasn't formal. Everyone was getting drunk and jumping around in their dresses or smokings. It was dark, but not too dark because you could still see people.

She had set up different tables a little here and there. The drinks was upstairs, but down here it was a table filled with different cakes. I noticed a chocolate fountain on the middle of the table.

A person walked up beside me. "Tessa? Is that you?" I looked to the side and I think it was Sophie who stood there. "Omg that is you! You look stunning!" She said to me. But she was the stunning one really. Her hair was braided as a crown on top of her head. She wore a long red dress with loads of layers. Her mask was also red, and it barely covered her face.

I walked over to her and pulled her in for a hug. I noticed the red bracelet she was wearing. "You look amazing! Happy birthday!" I said and let go of her. She grabbed a strawberry from the table and dipped it in the chocolate fountain.