39.Like a date?

Two days later

Today was Christmas Eve. I woke up in Ryan's arms once again. He kissed the top of my head as he saw I was waking up. "Merry Christmas." He said in his husky morning voice. "Happy Christmas." I said not wanting to say the same thing as him.

He stretched his arms above his head. "We better get up before someone comes dragging us out of bed." He let go of me and I felt lonely the instant his touch left mine.

"What will we be doing today?" I asked him with a curious look. "I was thinking about taking you out on a little dinner later." He said and shrugged.

A little smile appeared on my face. "Like a date?" I asked quietly, but he heard me. "Do you want it to be a date?"

Like he had to ask. "Mhm." I mumbled and got out of bed too. He came over to me still shirtless, so I let my hands slide down his chest as he held me close to him.

"Then it's a date." He slightly pecked me on the lips and let go.

We had breakfast with his family and everyone was Sooo excited about Christmas. Well almost everyone. Nicolas was just annoyed by everyone making a big deal out of Christmas.

"You're such a Grinch." Chris said to him causing us to laugh. "I am not. I just don't understand all this fuss you're making about a random day of the year where everyone gets gifts. You're acting like it's my birthday or something." And everyone laughed again.

"Nicolas darling we don't celebrate your birthday. You do, alone or wherever up you are." Celia said and giggled.

God I already loved this family. I've gotten to know everyone quite well and all of them I like. Even Nicolas in a weird way.

A while later everyone opened their gifts. I had decided to wait till later to give Ryan my gift. It would be more appropriate to give it to him alone.

I obviously had no gifts to open, but I really didn't care. It was enough just by letting me stay here with them.

Suddenly I got a message. It was from my mom. 'Merry Christmas sweetie. Hope everything's good at home. Here's $500. Merry Christmas, miss you.'

$500! Good god the woman's crazy. My eyes was wide and I think I caught Ryan's attention, because he leaned in closer to me.

"What's up?" He asked leaning closer so I could hear what he was saying over all the other people talking.

"Just a Christmas present from my mom." I said. "What did you get?" He asked curiously.

"Ehm, $500." I told him. His eyes widened as well. "I think she feels bad that she's not with me for Christmas. Plus she thinks I'm home alone so." He laughed a bit and sat further back in the couch.

So now he was sitting right next to me. I looked to my side watching what he was doing.

"Wanna get out of here?" He whispered into my ear. I felt tingles through my body as his hot breath touched my neck.

I nodded and we quietly walked away from the others. Everyone was too focused on their gifts to notice we were gone.

He lead me to our room holding my hand with his. I closed the door after us and found my way over to him.

I pushed him onto the couch which seemed to catch him by surprise. With one leg on either side of him I smashed my lips to his. Which also seemed to catch him by surprise.

He slowly pulled away with his eyes closed. "I really love where this is going, but my intentions were to take you out for dinner first." I felt my face turn red of embarrassment.

"Fuck, I totally misunderstood." I said and placed a hand to my forehead by my stupidity.

He sat up still having me on his lap. "I would absolutely like having you as a starter, but then I don't think you'd be able to have dessert." My eyes widened and I couldn't hold back a smile.

I jumped off his lap and went over to my suitcase. "What should I wear?" I asked him still flushed from his comment.

"Whatever you want. We're going to a restaurant." So he was taking me out for a real dinner. He's never done that before.

I changed into a casual dress, but still looked a little dressed up. In fact it was perfect for a dinner date.

I came out of the bathroom and he was fully dressed sitting on the couch waiting for me. He was wearing a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Agh—I loved it when guys wore that.

"You look beautiful." He said as he slowly stood up from the couch. "You don't look so bad yourself." I pointed out.

Before we left I made sure to grab the gift I had for him and put it in my handbag. This would be the perfect time to give it to him.