A Lonely Clump/At Long Last (New Year Special, DOUBLE CHAPTER)

She wrapped her arm around him as best as she could, and they cried in their embrace. By this point, you held your mouth closed with your hands and witnessed the pitiful scenery unfold in front of your innocent optics, water streaming down your cloth cheeks. You slowly approached the distraught pair, joining in their melancholia.

The sensation continued to overpower Raggedy Ann, and Raggedy Andy knew that he was practically powerless in this situation. He felt pathetic for not protecting her better, and for not being a better brother. He knew that it should've been him, and then again came the pathetic feeling. His sister had gotten mauled by a mere pet! And yet here he is, holding her remains as she squirms.

Her cotton stuffing covered his hands and frontside, and as she began to go into a slumber of sorts did he begin to notice. He held his arms in front of his eyes, and turned them at various angles, taking in the view of himself bathed in his sister. He physically began scooting himself backwards, subconsciously trying to crawl away from himself.

{The stuffings of a doll are their versions of our guts. So, in this scene, Raggedy Andy is covered in his sister's insides.}

He fell over in his sad attempt to get away, and freshly brewed tears began pouring out from behind his buttons. His little sobs were barely audible in his efforts to stay silent. You quickly pulled Ann over to her legs and laid her down gently before going to Andy, knowing that she'd be alright in the long-run. Looking around the room, you saw a handkerchief on the floor in the corner. Running over and achieving it, you pulled the cloth along in your short journey to the weeping boy.

You were in a momentary state of shock as you saw the thin sheet of stuffing adjourned with puffy clumps spread over Andy, but you knew he needed this. So, you proceeded in your work, and began wiping the white fluff off of his body. He turned his face away to his right, angled toward the floor to hide his view of himself and your view of his face. Suppressing a gag, you shuddered as Ann's insides stuck to the cloth. Meanwhile, Andy was staring down at his hand. 'I touched her- she's all over me- I touched her- she's all over me- I'm terrible- she's all over me- I need to be better- I'm the worst brother ever- Annie deserves better- why couldn't I have been the one?- she's all over me-'

You wrapped the cloth around his arms and scraped them clean before you threw the tarnished fabric to the other side of the room, a lonely clump. You returned your attention to the poor boy in front of you. He still refused to look at you, as if he'd done a great disservice and was worthy of no respect or recognition of a living being. And that's just how he felt. He was swallowed up in self-hatred, so you knew nothing more but to throw him a rope and try to pull him out.

You (grasped his freshly cleaned hand/pulled him close/lifted a hand to his cheek), and embraced him. He buried his face into the crook of your neck, still partially trying to hide himself, and held you tightly. "I'm- I'm sorry!" He suddenly cried out, speaking in between his tears. "Shh, shh," you cooed, (removing his hat and stroking the top of his head/stroking his back gently), lightly rocking back and forth. "Hush now Andy, it's alright. It was out of your grasp. We'll take her back to Marcella's room and have Susie fix her up, okay?" He nodded, not letting go or moving his head away. He sniffled.

After Andy calmed down, you and him made your way to a shelf. Cynthia's backpack was laying limply on top of it, so you proceeded to climb up the handles. Raggedy Andy stood at the bottom of the shelf on the floor, waiting for you.

You stood on the top, staring down at the bag. Kneeling down, you lifted the hood of the backpack to reveal a curled up, wooden doll. She looked up into your familiar eyes, "(Y/N)!" The Right Penny stood and jumped into your arms, overwhelmed with joy to see your face. "I was too nervous to move since Cynthia had already caught everyone trying to help me escape at the nursery." "(Don't worry, we're here now./It's alright, let's just get outta here!)" You exclaimed. The Right Penny wrapped her arms and legs around your back, and you began climbing down. As you were reaching the final handles, she dropped herself down and landed on the ground, eager to leave this house.