Sweet

Ann stirred, "Mmm? Where were you guys earlier?" She asked almost deliriously, curious. "Ah, we just had a good talk." You both looked at each other and grinned. "Hehe, okayyy." She giggled, resting her head once more. The toys enclosed the area around you, allowing for a secure cuddle. Raggedy Andy held your hand firmly as you drifted, slowly, into the deep relaxation of sleep.

You woke up from your nap to the small resonance of a child's feet, growing closer.

{In being a doll or toy of any sort, the ears of this sentient being have a natural sensitivity to sounds. This is due to the safety that comes with pretending to be inanimate.}

You turned your head to the left to face Raggedy Andy, whose eyes were already on the door. Your faces took on the well-known smile worn only by the trademark Raggedy as you waited for the entrance to open.

Marcella came sulking in the doorway, stopping abruptly as she observed her toys in the center of her room- not where she had last seen them. Her eyes came down to meet everyone's at least once, before making direct eye contact with you, Andy, and then Annie. Her face was uplifted immediately as her most prized possession was found. It was a noticeable difference in her demeanor as her posture straightened and her eyes brightened.

"I found Raggedy Ann, Mom!" She called out, closing the door and running to the middle of the room. She laid down on her stomach and wrapped Raggedy Ann up in her arms. "Oh, I'm so glad I found you!" She exclaimed joyously. "Technically, we found her." Raggedy Andy breathed out in a near-silent whisper, easily covered up by the noise of the television from directly downstairs. If it couldn't have been overlooked, he wouldn't have spoken. He's a clunkhead, but he's still rational. Usually.

You watched as Ann relaxed and eased into the hug of her keeper- the bond between a child and their most important, emotionally reliant toy is irreplaceable. It was really pretty sweet, but Andy didn't seem to like it as much as his twin sister. You began to focus on him through your peripheral vision, Marcella becoming blurred in the process. This time, you could notice his mouth twitch, personality faltering. He decided to pay no attention to it anymore, also trying to fade off into the surroundings using peripheral vision. He decided to rest his worrisome thoughts of anger and sadness, focusing on you.

He didn't exactly understand why he felt this way about you; he hadn't ever felt like this before about anyone. Sure, he loved his sister and he loved Marcella, but he felt.. different about you. It wasn't the same emotion- not the same kind of care. Diving deep within these thoughts, trying to uncover why he was so drawn to you, you were watching the emotion in his eyes. They didn't seem as upset as before, but more questioning of something else, which was admittedly better than being upset. Although, it was a bit strange to you on why exactly he was upset at the scenery.

Marcella stopped hugging Raggedy Ann, pulling her away to look at her with a huge, goofy grin splattered onto her young, childish face. She stood up and began to cradle Ann like an infant, holding her close to her chest like a mother would. That's almost how their relationship was: mother-daughter.

Marcella ran downstairs, leaving the door wide open in her wake. This meant that you would all have to be careful and cautious when moving, but this was nothing that couldn't be handled.

You slowly sat up, stretching refreshingly with your arms up in the air. Raggedy Andy did the same, then throwing himself back down onto the floor with the sigh of someone who was just waking up, hat falling off in the process. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, groaning a bit. He sat up to sit next to you, scooting closer and wrapping his right arm around your waist. He yawned, "Good mornin'." "(Good morning!/Good afternoon!/Mornin'!/Afternoon!/Same to ya.)"