21 | Back To Normal

I didn't even TRY to line up their 'everything is back to normal' days it just HAPPENED to be that the big compromise is on a Monday and then everything is back to normal Tuesday-

These really are auspicious events.

This chapter is just fluff and having fun, really.

Enjoy! :)

-----------------------------------------

Today is Tuesday, and everything is back to normal.

As close to normal as it can get, that is.

Mr. Denton did agree to bring in extra snacks to celebrate, much to everyone's excitement.

They enter Mr. Denton's classroom during lunch...

...and find what looks like to be a literal buffet.

There are mini brownies, donut holes, madeleines, rainbow hard candy ... and a lot more. The only thing healthy are the strawberries.

And there's even paper plates for them.

They grin.

Mr. Denton can pretend all he wants that he's not fond of them, but they all know the truth.

"Say, Mr. Denton," Tony asks as they all get their food, "Surely we don't have this glorious buffet for just talking and hanging around, right?"

"Is today the day we watch a movie?!" Sean adds.

They're very strategic on their own; unstoppable when they come together to get what they want.

"A movie sounds fun!" Charlie adds.

Tony waves a brownie in the air as he speaks. "It can't just be any movie though. It has to be gay."

"Very gay!" Louis and Nick add enthusiastically.

"It has to be as straight as everyone in this room!" Sarah calls out over all the clamor.

"And it has to be good representation," Kathryn contributes.

"And happy!" David adds.

"That's a lot of criteria," Mr. Denton chuckles.

"Surely there's some movie," Jack says.

Tony pretends to think about it. "I can't put my finger on it ... but it's a movie with an established gay couple ... and a rightwing conservative that turns into a drag queen ... Robin Williams even called him Betty White on steroids ... there's a lot of improvising ... there's Christine Baranski ... My Fair Lady ... shrimps ... lots of screaming ... very funny ... and it fits all the criteria perfectly! Now, if only I can remember the title!"

Mr. Denton sighs, knowing exactly what he's trying to get at. "No, we aren't watching The Birdcage. It's a rated R movie."

"Ma dai." Tony sighs and snaps. "Worth a shot."

"However..." Mr. Denton continues, "Friday after school, if everyone can stay after school, and if there's still left overs...technically, we can watch it without breaking any rules about watching a movie above PG during school hours."

All their jaws drop.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

They actually convinced him to do it.

They are powerful.

What else can they do?

"If you tell anyone about this, the deal's off," Mr. Denton warns, but still smiling at how happy they are.