37 | The Future Is Brighter

Because details are messy, I'm glossing over them, which I'm both relieved about and immensely conflicted over.

And there isn't any irony any time I write everything is great. There's nothing angsty looming around the corner. It just is what it is. And I think our characters need that.

I'm grinning because I love the concept for this chapter.

Enjoy! :)

--------------------------------------------

They got in.

Every single one of them.

Callbacks were even more terrifying than auditioning.

They found out it was going to be a musical and were a little surprised, but absolutely loved that concept.

Rehearsals start in July.

They are so, so excited.

Everything is going great.

"I still can't believe you sang Fly Me To The Moon," Sean says to Tony as the group walks down the street together one afternoon.

"It worked, didn't it?" Tony defends himself indignantly. "Besides, it was either Sinatra or Luciano, and I thought my chances of getting in would be better if I sang in English."

Sean really doesn't have any true way to respond. Tony knows how to reason.

"Shouldn't we have chosen stage names, though?" Tony asks suddenly.

"Why's that?" David asks.

"I don't know, wouldn't it just strike people as odd that Jack Kelley is playing Jack Kelly? Or that David Jacobson and Sarah Jacobson are playing David and Sarah Jacobs?"

That is something to consider.

"I haven't thought about that before," Jack admits.

"So what do you suggest we call ourselves, Tony?" Nick asks.

Tony shrugs. "I haven't gotten that far yet." He pauses. "I don't know about all of you, but I think I'll call myself ... Max Casella."

"The 'child' actor from the 90's?" Jack says skeptically.

"Fine, Maximum Casella."

Sean snorts. "Maximum?"

"Well, what else do you suggest?"

"What about Maxwell?"

"So ... Maxwell Smart but Casella-fied?" Tony thinks on it. "Sure."

"But you do have a name very different from Racetrack Higgins," Louis points out. "Tony Vitale is nothing like Racetrack Higgins."

"Yeah," Sean agrees. "And when the end credits play, I'd rather see Tony Vitale than any other stage name you can come up with."

"Aw." Tony kisses Sean on the cheek. "That's sweet."

"It's true," Sean returns.

"How did you two manage to become the sappiest couple ever?" Jack comments incredulously. "And we have Louis and Nick here, for gosh sake!"

"Hey!" Louis and Nick both exclaim, but there's no use in trying to deny anything. They moved in together the day school ended. That's how they spent that afternoon a week ago.

"Because we love each other, that's why," Tony answers the question simply.

"Yeah," Sean agrees. "Are you saying you and David aren't sappy?"