chapter 22 titan summon

With certain mutually assured destruction of hostages. Kano can complete his job without being hindered.  Though Shao Khan does not know that Xerox will not allow Earthrealm forces to harm Mileena. 

It has been a few days since the last major battle of the invasion. Instead the forces of Earthrealm have only been able to skirmish Outwold.

Y/n still has not awoken. Xerox believes that it is by choice.  His soul may not even be in his body at the moment.   

But there isn't much more time to waste. Shao Khan has a new plan. To summon a titan beast from another realm to lay waste to Earthrealm.

The outworld forces begin to congregate to one location.

This is of course noticed and a small team is sent to scout it out. 

They report back and Raiden knows that Shao Khan is up to something. 

The forces of Earthrealm go and attack the ritual site.  

Liu Kang must achieve his destiny and defeat Shao Khan.   

Shao Khan is seen smashing the skull of an Earthrealm soldier. He turns and sees Liu Kang charging at him.  He smirks and blocks an incoming kick.

Liu Kang kicks Shao's knee and punches him in the chest. Shao returns the blows with a heavy kick.

The kick sends Liu Kang backwards. Liu Kang does a kick-up and delivers a flame kick.

Shao Khan grabs Liu's leg and slams him onto the ground. When Liu Kang bounces up. Shao swings his hammer and smashes Liu Kang away.

Liu Kang gets up. He knows that he can't afford to fail here.  

Meanwhile. Raiden and Fujin must stop the summoning ritual.

They are blocked by Quan Chi and Shang Tsung.

Raiden: You don't know what you are doing, sorcerer! Get out of our way.

Shang Tsung: We will not move.  You will not stop us this time.

Their battle begins as a orb hovers over the battlefield.  

Liu Kang continues to battle Shao Khan.   But Sindel and Kitana appear and make it a three on one.

Liu Kang can't keep up with all three of them and their relentless attacks. 

The orb in the sky floats down and goes into Liu Kang. Liu Kang can hear a familiar voice in his head.

Y/n: Liu Kang.

Liu Kang: Y/n?!

Shao Khan heard Y/n's name and looked around the sky for him. He had a look of confusion.

Y/n: You can do this. I know that you can defeat Shao Khan. I'll make this an even fight.  But you must beat Shao Khan on you're own.

Liu Kang: I understand.

Liu Kang's left eye goes black and red. Shao Khan notices this.

Shao: No!

Liu Kang teleports to Sindel and knocks her out with a chin kick.  He then teleports to Kitana and knocks her out with a palm strike to the forehead. 

Y/n: There. Now defeat him.

Y/n's soul leaves Liu Kang as his eye returns to normal. 

Liu: Your defeat is here, Shao Kahn!

The battle continues. Raiden and Fujin were not quick enough. A massive portal opens and the claws of the beast begin to enter.  

Raiden quickly flys up and tries to force the beast back. But it doesn't seem to be effective.

The beast keeps slowly exiting the portal.

Y/n's soul flys into Raiden. Raiden hears Y/n.

Y/n: You can do this.

Raiden: Y/n?!

Y/n: I will give you my power. With our power combined. We can drive the beast back!

Raiden: We must!

Raiden's right eye went black and red. His lightning turned into a deep red color.   The beast was heavily affected by the strike.

Eventually the beast lost its grip on the portal and fell back to where it came from. The portal shut.

Y/n's soul left Raiden.

Shao Khan wasn't having much luck with Liu Kang.  Liu Kang got the upper hand and  delivered a flaming punch through Shao Kahn. Seemingly killing him.

With the battle nearly over. Y/n had one more trip to make.

Y/n flew and his soul entered Mileena.

Y/n: Mileena.

Mileena: Y/n?

Y/n: Yes. I'm sorry that I'm not doing this with my body. But right now I don't trust myself. That's why I've come to tell you that I'm leaving for a while.

Mileena: Why?!

Y/n: I need to collect myself. I need to understand just what exactly I am. And how to deal with what I am.

Mileena: Alright. Just promise that you'll come back.

Y/n: I will. I promise. I love you.

Mileena: I love you too.

Y/n's soul left Mileena and entered his own body. He got up and made a portal to go on his journey.  Not even he knows when he'll be back.