chapter 23. Y/n's journey part 1

Y/n travels the timelines. He is trying to compose himself.  And perhaps find hope that he didn't realize he had.

But he would only find destruction in one. 

He arrives and the nearby forest is on fire. Dead bodies litter the ground around him. He can sense a strong presence. 

He flys to the source and sees a woman running with a man. The man seems to be injured and cannot run fast.

The man falls down and the woman tries to help him up.

A figure appears. Her eyes black and red.

Time demon: Now-now. You shouldn't run with those wounds. *psychotic laughter* Don't worry. It'll be over soon.

The time demon teleports and that's when Y/n springs into action. Y/n delivers a kick to the time demon and knocks her away.

Time demon: What the?!

She looks at Y/n.

Time demon: Another time demon?! Get out of here! This timeline is mine!

Y/n: No. You will harm no more.

Time demon: *laughter* Are you supposed to be some kind of saint?!  None of us are saints! We're cold blooded killers.

Y/n: Then allow me to break the mold.

The time demon growls and charges.

Y/n knocks her up into the air.    She regains her balance and rushes down at Y/n.

She tackles Y/n across the ground and they pummel each other on the ground. 

Y/n teleports and quickly smashes the time demon's head onto the ground.

For some reason. Y/n knew how to end this fight. He punched through the time demon and pulled her soul out. 

Y/n looked at the soul. He didn't know what to do with it now. 

?: I've never seen a fellow demon hesitate to eat a soul before.

Y/n looked to see another time demon.

Y/n: I've beaten you're comrade. Leave!

?: She was no comrade of mine. In fact, she was a rival. Much like you are.

Y/n: I have no desire in you're rivalries. I will stop you from invading timelines!

The time demon laughs.

?: Really? There are far too many for you to handle alone.

Y/n: Who said I was alone?

The time demon grew a look of fear.

?: You don't mean...the hunter, do you?!

Y/n: Does he happen to go by Xerox?

The time demon clenched his teeth. Out of fear he opened a portal and escaped. 

Y/n: I need some answers.

Y/n looked at the soul in his hand. He placed it back into it's body.

The time demon reanimated and was on all fours, bowing.

Time demon: I submit. You are the more powerful of us both.

Y/n: I need answers.

Time demon: As you wish, my master.

Y/n: Don't call me that.

Time demon: Forgive me.

Y/n: Why is Xerox called the hunter?

Time demon: Because, he has defeated countless time demons. Including a few of the most powerful, the Azken.

Y/n: Who are the Azken?

Time demon: The most powerful of time demons. They rarely feed anymore. They've become so powerful that all lower demons quiver in fear.

Y/n: And Xerox beat some of them? He must be more powerful than I thought.  

Time demon: Yes. He strikes fear into the Azken.

Y/n: I have the knowledge I need. 

Y/n began to walk away.

Time demon: Wait! You're just leaving?!

Y/n: What else would I do? If you try to eat more souls. I'll kill you.

Time demon: But...you're my m-I mean lord. You're supposed to command me!

Y/n: Fine. Don't eat anymore timelines. Only eat other time demons.

Time demon: As you wish.

The time demon dissappears. 

Y/n: That was...informative.

Y/n continues on his adventure.  He makes it to a new timeline.  The timeline is beautiful. Y/n enjoys the brightness of the day and the beautiful sky.

But the sky turns black and Y/n sighs.

Y/n: I should see what that's all about.

Y/n flys overhead a large battle. The obvi good guys are heavily outnumbered by their foe. But they fight on bravely.

Y/n watches the battle rage on. Despite the losses, the forces of good continue to fight on.

Even when only a handful are left, they do not give up.

The battle ends and the forces of evil are victorious.  And chaos ensues, the once peaceful timeline has turned into chaos.

Villages are razed and townspeople are murdered or worse.

Y/n can hear the screams and had enough. 

Y/n lands and defeats the attackers. He knew that the only way to stop this for good, was to kill.

This was an exception. There was nobody else to defeat these guys. Y/n was the last line of defense for thousands.  And he wasn't going to let them down.

The enemy ran as Y/n began to slaughter them. Despite his hate for killing, he wasn't a fool. Once he would leave, they would rise again, unless he killed them.

While the people thanked him, Y/n cursed his actions. But he will learn that sometimes you have to do what you hate, to protect who you want to.